Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
New Camper

Update On6/22/12 I submitted a list of everything that was wrong with our new rushmore, this is not the first letter that I have sent out. So when I still had not heard a word from anyone I went to the dealer on 7/6/12 I felt two weeks was plenty of time for a response from the dealer and manufacturer. We have had many more problems occur since I corresponded by email in June. As a result of me just stopping in I spoke with our salesman, who wasvery shocked that no one had contacted me. He looked on his computer and told me that according to his notes the email that I sent was carbon copied to his Service dept manager. He then excused himself and went into another office, next thing I know the General Manager and my salesman are reassuring me that I will receive a phone call first thing monday morning (7-9-12) and that whatever they could do to either get us out of this nightmare or worst case senario send it back to manufacturer that they would be more than happy to assist. Good news right? Well today is 7/17/12 and I am still waiting to hear from them, any of them!! This is very aggravating and we have really put up with a lot of b.s. I would like everyone to know that we purchased from Explore USA in Kyle, Tx. It is really kind of par for the course, when we started getting serious about buying this rv, our salesman called us everyday and night practically..now that we purchased and have problems we never hear from him!! Has anyone ever heard of a manufacturer buying back a rv that is clearly a lemon?What I would not do to have a fridge full of food, and being kept atsafe temperatures!!!!

Be Safe Everyone
Old 07-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

There is a lemon law. My dad used this on a car. He had to give them 3 to 4 times to get it right or they had to buy it back at full price. In his case they fixed the car.
Not sure about Texas laws or this was federal. I will ask him...
Captain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Call crossroads yourself

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

You have to be more proactive. I would be calling ExploreUSA every hour on the hour. Go there in person everyday until the issue is resolved. You do need to see about a lemon law action even though Texas is really crummy when it comes to consumer protection. You should Google the name of ExploreUSA's head guy and contact him/her. Contact the CEO of Crossroads. Every hear of thesqueakywheel getting the oil? You really need to do more for yourself then waiting by the phone. Do something!

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

I am with Art, go after them and don't wait for them to get with you. Let them know you are not going away until you have your trailer fixed or replaced. There sure seems to be a lot more quality issues appearing here since the new management team took over at Crossroads. Kind of makes you wonder what has taken place and what changes have been made to cause these issues......
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I have read on this forum that C.R.'s takes care of thier customers. Call C.R.'s. Don't let up until you are happy with your new purchase. Their have been other post about folks doing the same and C.R.'s handled everything from bumper to bumper. Onother posting proir, they mention who the employee to talk with at C.R.'s and how great they were. Be firm!!!

2012 ST26BH - 2008 Chevy Silverado.
JayLow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Any time I have a warranty issue with my unit I talk to the service rep at CrossRoads as well as the dealer. I want to make sure that there is no lag time in correspondence between the dealer and CrossRoads. I suggest that you call Chris Charles at 260-593-2866 x431. I am not sure if Chris handles the Rushmore or not, but if not, I bet he can head you in the right direction.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:24 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

The lemom law is only for a vehicle with a motor,

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:46 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbinohio
The lemom law is only for a vehicle with a motor,
I'm not sure about the "lemom" law, but the lemon law in TX, does include towable RV's. Here is the link: ftp://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/mvd/lemon/2004lemonlaw.pdf
'12 Crossroads Rushmore RF38FL (ours!)
Barry, the ADHD x 2 German Shepherd mix, Granddog.
FFFord is offline   Reply With Quote