Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2016, 08:28 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Rushmore-No More

I am so sorry to hear that the Rushmore line has been discontinued. We absolutely love our 2014 Lincoln floorplan(was not impressed with the changes made to the 2015 anyway). There is nothing out there to compare. I have just spent another couple of hours online again this morning checking out several different manufacturer's 2016 front living room floorplans. Nothing would give us, one entrance(do not want double doors), at least 5 slides, (two in the bedroom because we love our suite), a large bath including full shower with bench and linen closet and two slides in the living room(one being the entertainment center), front window and window seat, two awnings(standard), huge kitchen, outside entertainment center with fridge. Nothing even comes close to what we have in our beautiful 2014 Rushmore Lincoln and we were so hoping to trade in and purchase another in a few years. Yes, we have had our issues, but we had a few with our last 5er too and it wasn't a CR product. Until we find something comparable, we will continue to work through anything that presents itself. We are so disappointed with the Cameo front living room that is supposed to be based on the Lincoln floorplan.
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:20 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

we also have the 14 Lincoln just little different, my outdoor tv is to the right of the door. Hope we will still be able to get parts and service in the future. I have only used it for one week so far but love it.
vacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:47 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

We'll be in our Rushmore forever...love the roominess. More like a home. Yes we had our fair share of issues. But those are behind us. With my wife extra touches and the 55" flat screen. Life is grand.
Gary
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:19 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Yep, I posted something back on January 8th as the new website had reflected the change. We have only had our Springfield since early August, but we are very happy with it. This was our second Crossroads product as we had a 2009 Cruiser CT31RL before and towing the 5th wheel is a dream compared to the travel trailer. Ours is an early 2015 model so it still has the scwintec bedroom slide and floor mounted dining table. The only thing I had to replace on the cruiser was the water pump in the 7.5 years we had it...I hope I have the same success with the new trailer. The Rushmore is definitely above the Cameo line and on line or slightly below the current Carriage line. Guess we will have to keep this group alive

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:48 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Going to the RV show and looking at Arctic Fox 27-5L and see if we can make a deal. Only one dealer in Mn.
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:31 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Yes, Vacationer. Brenda and I are in the process of researching those specific hard to find items for our 2015 Lincoln. So far, just a roll of seam tape but I am planning on touching base with the service department for their expertise and knowledge.
Kenny White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:13 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHewitt View Post
I am so sorry to hear that the Rushmore line has been discontinued. We absolutely love our 2014 Lincoln floorplan(was not impressed with the changes made to the 2015 anyway). There is nothing out there to compare. I have just spent another couple of hours online again this morning checking out several different manufacturer's 2016 front living room floorplans. Nothing would give us, one entrance(do not want double doors), at least 5 slides, (two in the bedroom because we love our suite), a large bath including full shower with bench and linen closet and two slides in the living room(one being the entertainment center), front window and window seat, two awnings(standard), huge kitchen, outside entertainment center with fridge. Nothing even comes close to what we have in our beautiful 2014 Rushmore Lincoln and we were so hoping to trade in and purchase another in a few years. Yes, we have had our issues, but we had a few with our last 5er too and it wasn't a CR product. Until we find something comparable, we will continue to work through anything that presents itself. We are so disappointed with the Cameo front living room that is supposed to be based on the Lincoln floorplan.
Check out the 2016 Redwood FL models.
I believe they have done away with the second door. may be what your looking for
woodwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:35 AM   #8
New Camper

Quote:
I agree fully we have a 2013 Lincoln and nothing out there comes close to it...was hoping you could help mewith something...the awning over the front door, mine does not slope down at all the the second one in the rear..is there a way to be able to slope one side of the awning down so that the rainwater would run off and not puddle at one corner>>> thanks

Marcia Spohn Elysburg Pa and Clearwater FL
svbus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:07 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Adjustments for awning angle

Hi Marcia,
On each of the awning arms there are push pins to set the angle. From the factory they are set so the awning is at it's highest level- straight out from the coach. You can easily adjust one side at a time, causing absolutely no damage to the awning. On our black awning arms, they are silver push pins.
Hope that helps!
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #10
Gone Traveling

You can adjust to the steepest pitch then what I did was raise the 2 center arms 1 hole so water ran to opposite ends of the awnings, as long as there's no more than 3 holes difference per arm per awning it will extend/retract with no problem, no need to readjust.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:02 PM   #11
New Camper

hello and thank you for the reply,,i checked out the arms and do not see any push pins/Is there any possibility of you sending a pic of where they are and what they look like??? I would greatly appreciate it..Thank you

Marcia
svbus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:01 PM   #12
Seasonal Camper

Quote:

I've been looking at the Vilano. https://vanleighrv.com/products/the-beacon/40flb/

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:31 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

Solitude by Grand Design is probably the best replacement for the Rushmore. Maybe a bit pricier but solid quality for those looking for an extended stay 5th wheel.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:10 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

2slick
The VanLeigh is a company that makes high end 5th wheels...Been to several RV shows and walked through a couple of them...Very nice to say the least and very well made, but if your thinking of buying better reach deep into the money pocket...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote