Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm still back to the point of the strain as the rig moves higher. I really don't care about the speed. I can live with that. It's the strain that bothers me so much. I repeat what I said earlier ... it does not seem to strain at first. It seems to strain as it moves higher and higher to the height needed to disconnect from the tow vehicle. I have never used the Intellijacks system because I just don't trust the thing.

I have not called Lippert to see what they have to say. I did talk with an RV repair person who said a stonger motor could not be put on. I'm not sure I agree with that, though, until I talk with Lippert.

In all honesty this would probably not bug me so much if I had not had a previous fiver that worked consistently throughout the hooking/unhooking process. It never seemed to strain ... but it was a different manufacturer as well.

Thanks to all who have replied to this one!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #22
Full Time Camper

Robert you should use the intellijacks they work fine when properly programed ( it is easy) and the manufacturer provides excellent customer service. You are trusting it enough to use it manually are you not?
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

I wonder if the strain increases since it has to overcome the resistance of the rear axle and is not pivoting on a single axle. Just a thought.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

We had this same issue with our unit to the point I did not think it was going to lift it off my truck one day. We have the GS ESP warranty and I took it to CW. They replaced the motor and gears with a more heavy duty unit and it not only solved the issue but the landing gear is twice as fast now.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #25
Full Time Camper

1. I put a second battery in our unit - does help with voltage supply to the motors when the RV is not connected to the truck or shore power. I have blown an inline fuse because of low battery voltage.
2. I try to have the trailer plugged into the truck or shore power before I try to raise the front of the unit for hitch/unhitching.
3. The motor is lifting 2000 to 3000 lbs depending upon the pin weight of the trailer - gearing makes it go slow.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote