Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2017, 05:51 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

tire blowen

I have an issue with my 2014 Lincoln rushmore. It runs nose high and had my first blow out last week. I have no room to lower my hitch in truck its to the bottom all ready. I have looked at the pin box to raise it up into the trailer a one notch but I would need to move electrical box. Then iam only 4-1/2 inches from box. I have all ready hit my box once I didn't have air in the shock and with sharp turn smack the truck box. Iam thinking of taller tire going with sailun 235 85 16 makes it an inch taller. Option 2 can the axels be raised are there different bolt holes to go to. I no I read that about jayco.
vacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:45 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Please add trailer and TV to your signature so we know what you have. Advise will come easier that way.

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel
2014 Zinger 27RL (Traded)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:04 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Not sure what you mean,signature .
vacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:09 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer View Post
Not sure what you mean,signature .

This should explain. If not contact me and I will help further.
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ure-11888.html
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:05 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

ST trailer tires are all a time bomb waiting to go off. I started to replace all of mine at the three year mark and still had blow outs at the two year point. All most all of them were or are made in China. Recently Good Year announce thet they have started production of ST tires in the states. Saw one the other day and it looks great. Even as I speak I am going to replace the tires on our new fifth wheel next month with the Good Years
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:20 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

On one of our first trailers we had, we had a lift kit put on the trailer. This raised the height of the trailer to have it sit level. The truck we pulled it with had a 3" lift with over sized tires and I couldn't drop the hitch enough to level the trailer. The problem with just adding a larger diameter tire is that you will lose some clearance between the tire and the floor of the unit. I've seen where people have put a taller tire on there unit and when the trailer bounced the tires actually rubbed a hole into the bottom of the floor due to not enough clearance. I don't know how much you have to raise your trailer but if you have to go more than an inch I would consider doing the lift kit. Or if you don't need a lot of lift (more than an 1" and less than 3-1/2") and you can find a reputable frame shop or weld shop they can remove your hangers and weld a tube (the size that is needed to level the trailer) to the bottom of the I-beam and then reattach the hangers to the new tube. Just a couple of ideas, good luck and I hope you figure it out.

Phil & Janine
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed 2500HD Cummins
2014 Cruiser 333RL
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote

« pilot lite | axles »