Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hi all. I'm new to this forum. We are considering a Washington model Rushmore.
Wondering if any of you can give your opinions on this product. Or Rushmore in general.
We have an Open Range now. Looking for a different model.
One concern is how new this Rushmore product is. Our Open Range was somewhat new and we seemed to pay a price in quality control for that.
Just wondering if any have had any major issues. Frame issues. Etc.
Thanks in advance.
Andy
azandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
New Camper

Hello - we too are new and have been considering the Washington model. Can I ask your opinion on what you think of the 2 awnings? We enjoy sitting under ours and I was thinking that if it really rains with the space between it may be an issue?

Thanks
mooseme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Hi we to are new to the forum and just took delivery of our new Rushmore in Oct. have had it out 2 times had a couple of small problems that were taken care of wright a way love the coach it self this is our third fithwheel in 4 years bought a used one to try went to RV show and ended up with a new one but did not work out with the floor plan it had in it when we saw it it was set up and did not no that you had to put the 2 recliners up side down on the couch was just to heavy so the Rushmore and fell in love with it I pull RVs out of In. to dealers and have seen them all the quality in the crossroads line seem to be a step above the rest and warrenty seems to be good also hope this helps
Old 03-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
New Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Fredtp

I have been looking at the Washington but am concerned about what was said about the refrigerators getting too hot and baffling properly. I was hoping to see an update on that. I currently have an Open Range.
Looking at Rushmore WA or Linc
Fredtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Fred, I'm not to concerned about the fridge situation. Open Range had the same problem and fixed it by adding a second vent in the slide out. I think there is more ventilating ideas that will help as well. I would even add a low voltage quiet fan if needed. Something I would do myself for sure.

Trying to sell out Open Range right now. Better buying power then. Otherwise might trade it in a couple weeks.
Pretty sure Washington is our model.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
New Camper

Yes I agree Azandy, I would do something like that also. I want to look at the Lincoln but I think the lack of storage will when me over to the Washington.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Fred, we really liked the Lincoln and was sure we would get that model. But the kitchen storage and table and chair situation would not work for us. Very nice livingroom though.
The pass through storage in the back is huge but not tall enough to even use the water softner we have.
Nice concept though. Just doesn't work for us.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Azandy,
Well one thing for sure, you've got the correct TV for any unit you buy. I will admit these look very nice. I don't know where you are considering buying but Quietwoods in Menasha carrys the Rushmore and there is a dealer in Suamico that also sells them. They offered me a Lincoln at the TV show in Oshkosh for $59k, saying that CR's offered them discounts for the show. I don't know about that but I do believe you are making a good choice. Hope to see you down the road some day; if you do buy consider the Rally in July.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
New Camper

Yes it looked like alot of storage in the back but like you say not tall enough at all.
If you ever head down to Florida let me know.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

I'd like to be there tomorrow. We cant make it to Florida this spring, so we are sad.
We go to Navarre beach campground. Just down the road from you.
Last year we spent a day in Pensacola watching the Blue Angels practice. And museum too.
Normally, just drive across the bridge and sit at the beach most days.
Hope you enjoy your spring.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator447

Azandy,
Well one thing for sure, you've got the correct TV for any unit you buy.Â* I will admit these look very nice.Â* I don't know where you are considering buying but Quietwoods in Menasha carrys the Rushmore and there is a dealer in Suamico that also sells them.Â* They offered me a Lincoln at the TV show in Oshkosh for $59k, saying that CR's offered them discounts for the show.Â* I don't know about that but I do believe you are making a good choice.Â* Hope to see you down the road some day; if you do buy consider the Rally in July.
Â*
Jim
Thanks Jim,
I looked at Quietwoods website today and it listed Crossroads Redwood. So, I was confused. I know somewhat sister companies but thought Crossroads did not make Redwood. So I called their Neenah store and they said they didn't carry Rushmore. The sale person didn't seem to know much. Tried telling me how great Cedar Creek is. I finally told him I just had to go. Didn't answer any question I had.
I had a Sturgeon Bay Quietwoods disaster at one time. Guess its passing off on their other store now too. Lol
I am working a little with Suamico store. Wagners RV.
They are way off on price right now. 8k from Elkhart and Grand Rapids which are close to each other on price. Wagners insists they are offering real money for my trade, but obviously inflated.
Trying to sell our trade outright. See if possible.

Hope to get this all done soon. Not that we can camp in 3 feet of snow right now, but nice to get ready. I have a three week job coming up near Madison that last year, I could have lived in our fiver at that time. No chance this year.
Oh well. Spring will be here I hope by June. Lol
Old 03-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
New Camper

I work right next door to the Blue Angels. I manage the fuel trucks at the Navy base there. So next time let me know and we can maybe meet.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredtp

I work right next door to the Blue Angels. I manage the fuel trucks at the Navy base there. So next time let me know and we can maybe meet.

For sure.
Hopefully next spring depending on my work locations.

Six foot snow banks are not working for me right now here in WI.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:44 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

I have had my Washington for about 3weeks now. Had to have some work done on it by Mobile RV tech.
One item was adding baffles in both fridge areas. There were none installed.
Also, the exaust flues on each fridge were blocked/covered with insulation. No way for the heat to vent.
After adding baffles, and moving insulation heat is venting very well and the inner cabinets above the fridges now are much cooler. They were very warm prior to adding the baffles.
Lastly, there is a TSB (Technical service Bulliten) for the rear air unit that applies to Rushmore & Redwood RV's. We had very little air flow from that unit, turns out that the rear units plennum area is not sealed off properly.

Jim
2009 GMC Sierra SLT Dually
C&Jcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&Jcampers

I have had my Washington for about 3weeks now. Had to have some work done on it by Mobile RV tech.
One item was adding baffles in both fridge areas. There were none installed.
Also, the exaust flues on each fridge were blocked/covered with insulation. No way for the heat to vent.
After adding baffles, and moving insulation heat is venting very well and the inner cabinets above the fridges now are much cooler. They were very warm prior to adding the baffles.
Lastly, there is a TSB (Technical service Bulliten) for the rear air unit that applies to Rushmore & Redwood RV's. We had very little air flow from that unit, turns out that the rear units plennum area is not sealed off properly.

Jim

Thanks for the update. We have not ordered yet but may soon. Just trying to sell our current fiver outright if possible.
I'll keep your info handy for our PDI. Hope they can resolve it. Fridge in a slideout is bad in my opinion. Seems many people have problems with them. Hope two doesn't mean twice the problems.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
New Camper

I just picked up our new 2014 Washington and so far things are great. I was told that they are aware of the dual fridge problem and they have added two fans to the fridge units to circulate the air flow and to solve the problems of heat distribution. They are on a termostat that starts them when the temperture in the compartments get so warm. Hope this is accurate information that I was told about the fix from the CR reps. The main problem is that they were installed in a slide out room that doesn't have great insulation factors like the rest of the coach. They are exposed on three sides by the sun and heat factors. Hope this is helpful. Great pricing and good trade values at Discount RV Corner in Longmount, CO. Ask for John A. let him know customerRandy S.sent you by.
PKRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #17
New Camper

2014 Rushmore Washington

My wife and I bought our 2014 Washington in September. We are full timers and so far all is great. Very small, small issues that we have taken care of ourselves.
I have weighed everything that has come in the door and in storage to watch the weight.
We have not done any trips in it yet, although, we are getting transferred to Vegas, where we will be able to take her out. But so far, so good. We pull it with a 2009 F350 dual rear wheel, 4x4 with an Edge programmer.

I have noticed a few people that have had a lot of problems with their Rushmore's, but we haven't had any serious issues.

Michael and Karissa
2014 Rushmore Washington
2009 F350-6.4L-4x4-Edge Programmer
Michael_and_Karissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #18
Site Team

Welcome to the forum Michael and Karissa! There lots of great trip opportunities using Vegas as a base. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #19
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have good luck and great experiences with your new Washington. This is a great forum for help and advice. Good luck and enjoy your camping.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:09 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

W have been in our 2013 Rushmore Washington for 6 months now and made through a brutal winter in Branson, MO.. We had issues in the cold but we had planned on spending the winter in Sarasota.
Most of our issues have been with components made by companies other than Crossroads. Water pump, awnings, toilet, light bulbs.
The quality of the Crossroads is not as well as our Montana Bid Sky. We were the second owner of the 2010 Montana. The original owner was so unhappy he took it to the factory with a huge punch list and refused to move it until everything was repaired, and then they issued a three year extended warranty. So, our issues with the BS was minimal.
mickeyndallas is offline   Reply With Quote