Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hello all! I've been reading all the negatives and the few positives about the Rushmore Lincoln fiver. I am a very satisfied owner of a 2006 Paradise Point and we have decided that it's time to buy a larger trailer to put on our new lot in an rv park being developed about an hour and a half away. It will be our weekend cabin

We have decided to buy a Lincoln and actually have the choice of a 2013 with extra options and a 2014, both at the same price. I'd like to hear any pros or cons for buying a particular year. We are aware of the comments and issues raised on this forum, but we are not interested in Crossroads bashing...
Steve and Carol
Calgary
calgarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

If you have a good dealer I don't think it matters which year. There is always a chance that you will get one that had something that was built on a Monday or Friday. That being said, the only concern is your ability to have it serviced if you are parked permanently and don't have the ability to bring it into the dealer for warranty work. Most problems will identify themselves in the first few months if use. It was likely the same people who built both units so it would pretty much come down to your relationship with the dealer and a really good PDI on purchase.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks, and very true. We will still be able to move our unit if we want to go on vacation anywhere so we can haul it to the dealer for service. The owner is the same guy who sold us our Pointe so we already have a pretty good rapport with the dealership. Hopefully that will continue
Old 10-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Hi Steve and Carol,
We are the owners of a 2014 model Lincoln, however we attended the RV Show here in Hershey PA recently and found that not all of the 2014s have the dedicated docking center. We would definitely recommend waiting for a model that has it. I can only imagine the pain it must be to empty the tanks, connect the hoses, connect the cable/satellite cords etc...in the basement under the bedroom slide out. Not to mention the issue of a leaky hoseorthe hole in the basement floor when we need to heatit in cooler weather.That alone would have been a deal breaker for us no matter how much we loved the floor plan.
That being said, we purchased from a wholesaler and we have had a few issues with ours, but finding a reputable, competentrv service provider is a must! We were very fortunate to find a center that has been willing to go above and beyondto work with CR to honor the warranty(And they aren't even a CR approved dealership!).It has made the hassles so much easier to handle.
We are very happy with our Lincoln. We have put our own finishing touches to customize the décor and make ours unique to us.
Hope that helps,
Robyn
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks, Robyn! We will check out the docking station situation before making our decision.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

We purchased a 2014 Lincoln Rushmore, they are 100% right, ours has the pump and water filter inside the rear basement that I can't get to, I bypassed the water filter so I can change out the filter. Other than that they are mostly the same unit.
RICK7458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:33 AM   #7
New Camper

The floorplan of the 2014 Lincoln on the Rushmore web site looks quite a bit different. The entry door is more towards the back with the kitchen table to the right of the door instead of the left. I would like that a whole lot better. Also shows the sink at an angle which I think would also look better. It also looks like there are no steps going up to the bathroom or bedroom. I do think I like that layout a whole lot better, especially the placement of the table. I can not find any pictures of this model anywhere on the web. The virtual tour of the new floorplan is wrong, that's showing the old model.
http://www.crossroadsrv.com/rushmore...lincoln-rf39ln
campingfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:41 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Hi! There are some 2014 units that are almost identical to the 2013's and now the plan has been reworked into the one you describe. Apparently it is to make the unit more family oriented with an actual table...but only one bdrm My dealer is returning his older 2014 units to be replaced with the new ones. We have pretty much decided to buy the original 2014 plan as there are just the 2 of us and we don't mind the "comma" table nor the rear stairs.

We are hoping for a decision from the bank Tuesday...wish us luck!
Thanks, Steve
Old 10-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

We got our approval! We will sign the papers tomorrow for our 2014 Lincoln, along with a 7 year extended warranty covering all systems. It may be ready for the walk thru on Saturday and we will definitely operate ALL the systems
Steve
Old 10-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarian
We got our approval! We will sign the papers tomorrow for our 2014 Lincoln, along with a 7 year extended warranty covering all systems. It may be ready for the walk thru on Saturday and we will definitely operate ALL the systems
Steve
Congratulations. Do a thorough PDI and I hope you enjoy the new unit!!
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:43 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

We have had major problems with our 2013, it's a Lemon, just found out that Crossroads 2014 Rushmores will be built at the Redwood facility come November, Redwood specializes in fifth wheels and we think may be better at QC. Time will tell.
Sure hope you did not get the Schwintec slide motors and that yours has the hydraulic slides, that in itself eliminates any major issues for you.
Good Luck, we love the Lincoln floorplan, It's a beauty, just poor QC.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

Thumbs up

Hi all!

Just an update on our 2014 Rushmore purchase.

We bought our trailer with the original 3 level floorplan back in November and have no problems with it in spite of a never-ending winter here in Alberta. We used it the weekend we picked it up and woke to heavy snow in the morning which I had to climb on the roof and clean off the slides before we could bring them in...should have maybe gotten slide toppers installed :-)

The trailer was stored the rest of the winter but we've spent every weekend in it since May. As of June 28 we will be living in it for the summer on our lot at Sundre River Resort. I drive school bus so have the summer off:-) I've never spent that long in an rv so it should be an adventure!

We have had no problems at all with our unit and I do count my blessings after reading all the posts about endless difficulties for some. I truly hope your issues will be corrected to your satisfaction and you can finally use your Rushmore as intended!

Have a great summer, folks :-)

Steve and Carol
Old 06-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

You live in a beautiful area. We took a trip all the way to Jasper from Kansas and loved every minute of it!

2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 26RB
2013 F250
jlongsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #14
Site Team

Steve and Carol:
It's nice to hear such a positive post from a Rushmore owner!!
I wish we could hear more just like yours.
Thanks for posting.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote