Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2015, 02:14 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

2013 Elevation 3912...*sigh*

Well...just got back from Spring Break with the kids and with 2 weeks before my factory warranty expired I took it back to the dealer for a few items:

1.) TOTAL brake failure. The brakes do not work at all. Thank god my RAM 2500 had enough braking power to handle the job - RV dealer tested the brakes when I dropped it off and confirmed that the communication from the hitch adapter to the brakes is not there.

2.) Hand rail to on the stairs going to the loft is loose

3.) Water leak in front closet. Top wooden shelf is swollen and will need to be replaced. Keep in mind, I had a brand new roof late 2014. We think the water leak is coming from the lights at the top of the fron cap. Since we keep it under cover now, my hope is that there's no additional water damage.

4.) Various light fixture failures.

5.) Leaking water from behind the shower faucets. Maybe just a quick tweak on the pipes?

6.) A couple of day/night blinds have lost their structure and will not stay up.

Stay tuned....back to the dealer for about a month.

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:43 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

At least you got in before the warranty expired. I did the same thing right before mine expired, however my issues were minor.

One quick thing I can help you with though. For item #6 all you have to do is wrap the twine around the little round looking spool it is attached to, that will give them enough tension to stay open. I thought the same as you that they had lost life, but that fixed it. That was actually on of the last things on my last as well.

You should look under the slides and make sure there is are gouges on the underbelly of the slide. They will be very obvious if they are there. If you see them the roller bearing has broken. I had to have them fixed on mine out of warranty and it was a $30 part and $700 labor, they had to take the slide out to get to it, or so they said. One of the last times we took it I told them that slide was a little sluggish and the lubed it up and said it was fine. I didn't ever look under because I didn't know to, but I can't help but wonder if that was the cause. Here is a pic of what you can look for http://i.imgur.com/7WcJCdE.jpg
Old 04-07-2015, 03:14 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Thanks, I'll take a look at the round roller thing.

Yup, I already had the roller bearings break and destroy my main floor. Dealer replaced the entire floor, all rollers and inserted a steel beam to attach the rollers to to prevent this happening again.

As a preventive measure, the dealer replaced the rollers in the bedroom and kitchen slides too.

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote