Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2019, 07:05 AM   #1
New Camper

2013 Elevation water leaking

I have my toy hauler hooked to city water. I noticed water coming out of a small plastic tube on the bottom next to my fresh water tank drain.

What is this tube and what issue would cause this?

Thanks!

Mike
Mikehillaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:49 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Is the tubed capped? If so and cap is not tight or missi g the seal, it could be a low point drain for hot or cold. Also could be an over flow for tank. If so, check valve may not be working on pump. Is your tank empty or full?

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Mine was doing this recently and it was the check valve in the fresh water pump - water was seeping backwards into the tank from the city water hookup until the fresh tank was full and began to drain from the overflow. The solution was to: a) try and rebuild the pump to fix the backflow valve, b) replace the whole pump, or (what I did) c) install an in-line backflow valve. Easy peasy and no more backflow/drainage. Good luck.
kvmllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:34 PM   #4
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
Is the tubed capped? If so and cap is not tight or missi g the seal, it could be a low point drain for hot or cold. Also could be an over flow for tank. If so, check valve may not be working on pump. Is your tank empty or full?
It is not capped, so it must be the overflow for the tank. Control panel says tank is full. I will look into the check valve, thanks!

Mike
Old 06-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #5
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvmllr View Post
Mine was doing this recently and it was the check valve in the fresh water pump - water was seeping backwards into the tank from the city water hookup until the fresh tank was full and began to drain from the overflow. The solution was to: a) try and rebuild the pump to fix the backflow valve, b) replace the whole pump, or (what I did) c) install an in-line backflow valve. Easy peasy and no more backflow/drainage. Good luck.
Thanks! Probably my issue as well. I assume the pump is behind the access panel in the front storage compartment, correct?

Thanks!

Mike
Old 06-06-2019, 02:47 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

it depends. Mine was under the sink, previous trailer it was under the stove. if you put in the in-line backflow valve, make sure you use the proper sized hose clamps and get 'em tight.
kvmllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:56 PM   #7
Site Team

It sure sounds like the check valve in the pump. That would fill your tank and run out the overflow.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:36 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehillaz View Post
I have my toy hauler hooked to city water. I noticed water coming out of a small plastic tube on the bottom next to my fresh water tank drain.

What is this tube and what issue would cause this?

Thanks!

Mike
Turn off the city water and run the pump this will sometimes clear the check valve in it saving buying a new pump.