Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2015, 07:01 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Anyone with a Las Vegas?

I'm going to look at a Las Vegas model RV. Wondering if anyone has any experience with the front window model or knows of any reviews I can read. Any other feedback would surely be welcome. Thanks!
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:51 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I am the owner of the Las Vegas that you indicated in the rig Photo thread. We love our Fifth wheel. We love the front window and have had no trouble with it. Crossroads Fit and finish leaves a little to be desired. Is it really neccessary to piece together 3 ft sections of trim to keep from cutting one piece 6 ft. long piece (they did this in several places) on a $100,000 dollar rig, I also don't think they own a miter saw as all the trim is square cut with exposed ends. The full body paint provides some challenges as well. The fiberglass sides developed stress cracks and have to be fixed and repainted and it is difficult to find a repair facility that can do body work on a 43' trailer (ours has been in the shop for over two months with no progress). Overall we are happy but some things are just annoying. Beware that full body paint will take much longer than what Crossroads says, we did not get our trailer for 2 months later than the scheduled delivery. I don't want to be one of those people that just complains on the internet we really do like the trailer and would probably buy another one someday. I just wish they would take a little more pride in their workmanship and actually deliver a product worthy of the price you have to pay. It is just like any other rig you will have to make adjustments to it after you get it to make it the way you want it.
E Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:58 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I agree with all you have said, and have found 6 or 8" pieces of trim several times laying on the floor. Have said several times on this forum that CR uses good quality pieces and puts it together so poorly. I fixed many things on my RV. I really like my 3612 and after being treated so badly by CR customer service in the denial of my roof tear issue I'm probably nuts considering another. I looked at so many different brands at the Hershey RV show last fall, and many of those had fit and finish issues as well.
Met a guy with full body paint last year at Gettysburg bike week (different brand), and he had his back for repaint one time in 6 months. It was beautiful tho....
I bought my 3612 as a Atlantic City RV show leftover and got a fantastic deal, so found this one post-show at the same dealer. I'm at least going to look at it, knowing you never actually get everything you want. I think CR offers a lot for the money, although I don't think I will like the 2015 as much. Thanks for the feedback.
Denny
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote