Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2017, 06:13 AM   #21
Weekend Camper

I have the same problem and it has been back to the factory, as well as the dealer multiple times. When you hitch up the trailer watch the distance between the top of the hitch and the bottom of the trailer, mine flexes more than an inch. The frame of the trailer is simply not strong enough to support the weight. Lippert says it is Crossroads problem, Crossroads says it a Lippert problem. The flexing causes the screws holding the trim to shear off which causes it to come loose. I have no hope of ever getting it fixed and have decided to just live with it an document everything and be vigilant about checking and re-sealing the trim so water does not get in. I would never ever buy another Crossroads product and would be very wary of any Thor product as well. My experience with the factory is that they are a bunch of country boys building trailers with no guidelines or quality control just get the job done and move on. Just try to get a drawing or schematic of any part of the trailer. The weld quality is poor at best if it is even welded. Mine is also a 2015 Elevation Las Vegas that was custom painted and cost us more than $85,000 and I wouldn't give you $1000.00 for it today. The RV industry as a whole is like this and there are problems with all of them, this is not my first RV, only the worst I have ever owned. Good luck getting yours fixed and Please let us know if you do get any help from Crossroads
E Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:17 AM   #22
Site Team

Simple question. Who makes the frame? If Lippert is supplying a frame for what the Rv will be built on it, then they should also be liable in addition to the Rv manufacturer (Fill in the blank___________(Thor, Forest River, Whatever))

Quality control is lacking in almost all brands.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:51 PM   #23
Family Vacation Member

Sorry you had a negative experience with Crossroads and Lippert. When I finally got a hold of representatives in both companies - they were lock step with emails after that. I would be quite happy to send you the information they gave me. It is true - any RV company can have bad reviews. Stay focused, be persistant, and you will get results.
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #24
New Camper

No Crossroads wont', They tell you they only offer a 1 year warranty & also that they are to busy to do the repair even if you pay. I'll never purchase or recommend them again
jrjacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:57 PM   #25
Family Vacation Member

I'm sorry you feel that way. They (Crossroads) had told me how to fix it and what to use. They sent me structural diagrams when I asked for them. Before I fixed my own I went to the local mega RV lot and took pictures of 6 or 7 different manufacturers - all the units had the same problem. Some manufactures are even putting the expansion piece at the factory when they are built. Unfortunately its just really a matter of physics - sooner or later doesn't matter who made it - it will flex there.
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:29 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

Yes. Totally covered by Crossroads warranty. They repaired mine. Can't even see the repair. Awesome job.
Mollymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:26 PM   #27
New Camper

How old was your RV when Crossroads repaired it. They simply told me they would not cover it and even if I paid that they did not have time to deal with me as they were too busy.
jrjacks is offline   Reply With Quote