Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2015, 03:32 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Elevation at Hershey

Just spent multiple days at the Hershey RV show, an annual event since I live 15 minutes away. The Elevation display had a gorgeous full body paint Las Vegas unit with every option as well as nicely equipped Homestead and Speedway units - and even some Altitude units. I had the good fortune to meet Christian Muffoletto from Crossroads (and here on the forum) as well as Michelle Darrenkamp, Crossroads Regional Sales Manager for Elevation and Altitude. Wife and I were fortunate enough to chat quite a bit with Michelle and learned quite a lot. The Crossroads folks treated us very nicely.

I wish this story had a better ending, but I did not buy an RV at this year's show. We were extremely interested and Tom (Sales Manager at Hitch RV) was very aggressive with his pricing. We initially thought the Las Vegas bedroom with the front window and very spacious was the ticket and it really was a great value for the price. After we wandered around the show for a while, we realized that based on how we use our unit - car show club headquarters, motorcycle events (and we added Sturgis this year), lots of dry camping - that inside living space was more important than a huge bedroom. The Homestead unit would have been a better choice but not quite right, and as I approach retirement we are looking for the perfect RV. The next one may be my last one, and since my 3612 is working perfectly (thanks to John Woodcox and Randy at the factory) it's still ours. Until we find the perfect unit, as if......

Wife and I are like kids in the candy store at the show, and we explored all manufacturers. I did not take any pictures, sorry. Similar models to the Elevation units on display may be found with lots of pictures at hitchrv.com, including 74 pictures of a Las Vegas unit with full body paint. The Elevation models were equipped with the lightweight patio sides that are attached to the door frame instead of the door and set up in moments, and are very handy. A couple other manufacturers are now using the MORryde ramp, with no external springs - springs and cables are in the door frame and the ramp lifts with one finger. Hoping Elevation soon adds this or a similar feature, as long as supplier contracts allow.

Thanks again to the Crossroads folks for a great show experience.
Wandering around the show, I have great respect for all the sales folks that don't cringe when they hear someone say they would buy this RV if it only had this (add your own) feature. I heard it so many times, and said it a couple too.
Denny and Deb Viola
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:21 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Interesting story. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes it's hard to find the perfect RV for your individual lifestyle - there are so many different needs and wants out there. Luckily there are many different RVs out there. We were lucky to find the perfect unit for us.

We met Christian at the factory rally. She's a very pleasant and helpful young lady, and very enthusiastic too. A real asset to the company in terms of customer relations.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:51 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I am a little upset with Crossroads right now. In 2014 my wife and I were at an Rv show in Houston and fell in love with the Las Vegas. We already had a fairly new Enduramax toy hauler that we had custom painted to our specifications. Erik Esch from Crossroads said that he would send me a blank layout for the Las Vegas and they would paint it any color we wanted. I got the layout and colored the drawing to the colors that we wanted. I was asked several times if that was really what we wanted to which I replied yes. We took delivery of our beautiful Las Vegas in May 0f 2014 painted the way we wanted it, truly a one of a kind. Now I dont know whether to be flattered or angry as Crossroads has copied our Paint job exactly. I know that I did not have Exclusive rights to that paint scheme but it still upsets me that they copied it exactly and by the date when the paint was done apparently at the same time or shortly after ours was painted. Anyway once we get all the bugs worked out of it we will be happier just not one of a kind anymore. I have attached a picture of the original.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elevation.jpg (237.6 KB, 9 views)
E Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:22 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Beautiful trailer, fascinating story!

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:51 PM   #5
Site Team

Too bad you didn't register or copyright the paint scheme.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:47 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I wouldn't have as much of a problem if someone else had done the same thing I did and come up with the same colors. I paid them to do a custom paint job and then they added it to there standard custom color options available from the factory so there is nothing custom about my paint job anymore. Live and learn.
E Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:12 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Michelle is so nice she was our contact at the factory. She gave us the tour and helped with any questions while ordeing.
wanderingprobablylost is offline   Reply With Quote