Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2015, 07:34 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Here's another question. Anyone know where the water pump is located? I have been reading my manual and want to ensure the strainer is strained, just need to know where it's at.

Are there maintenance manuals on these that show the layout, like I have in my quads, motorcycles, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
b140957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:29 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

Mine is located behind the wall in the front compartment under the bathroom.
E Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:22 PM   #23
ddc
Weekend Camper

Glad CR is staying, still need help

I should read this forum more often. Nice to hear CR is not going under as my 2015 Brickyard is a year old and after visiting the Dallas RV show and talking to one of the or the product development person, informed us of all the good things that are coming.
He asked if we were happy. Not a good question to start with. For the most part we are happy with the Brickyard minus all the little things that need fixing and us done under warranty. We also part the extended service plan and that should take care of any unforeseen things to come.
The biggest problem and concern for me is, there are no instructions for all the buttons, switches, antenna/cable/satellite outlets, etc. The dealer was new to CR when we purchased and didn't have a clue. They said they contacted CR with no information was available. Have most figured out.
Also, we are having a problem with the closet walls falling in from all the rough roads around this great country. The trim is actually in 2 pieces since getting them replaced last month. I have added Firestone Air Bags to the dually, and helped a little, but still is very rough on the bedroom and closet.
While at the RV show, I noticed that all the new 2015s come with a different Lippert pin box. We have the Trail Air Roto Flex and the new ones come with the Flex Air. The CR person gave me his email and said he would make it right as soon as he received my email. He was willing to get a Flex Air installed while at the dealer for warranty and also get us a wiring schematic and frame drawing so we could install a motorcycle dolly in the garage with out drilling a hole into something that shouldn't have a hole. Well 2 emails later and absolutely no response. Not a peep. Tried the dealer and they say those CR guys promise things all the time at the shows and nothing happens.
Almost forgot. The happyjack beds in the garage, does everyone else's have a latter to get to the upper bed? Not mine. Dealer said it doesn't come with one. But all the ones at the RV show had one. CR guy said that was coming to the house. Still waiting.
Hope you guys have better luck than we have.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:33 PM   #24
Family Vacation Member

So just a couple of things:

1). We installed the Flex Air and have been very happy. We travel with stuff on the main bed and the couch and nothing appears to get shaken too much.

I also Harley notice any chucking or bouncing, yet I can see the trailer moving a good amount in the mirror.

2.). Ours is a 2013, and it didn't come with a ladder either. I still haven't bought one. The kids just use a small 3 step ladder/stool to get up on the bed.

I just had the famous external wall crack in the bedroom slide and CR repaired it with the "H" trim even though we are out of warranty.

Since our nightmare first 18 months, the unit had been working well!

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:40 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

No latter for my 2 happi jack beds. We have the trail air tri glide and LOVE it. We have that exterior crack to but hoping to get rid of the unit soon as we are seeing the marks in the floor from the living room slide.
wanderingprobablylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:55 PM   #26
Family Vacation Member

Yup, had those marks too. One of the slide rollers (that are only screwed into wood) broke loose and caused the slide to mark the linoleum floor.

My dealer added a large steel plate the length of the slide opening then attached the slide rollers to the steel. They should never break loose again.

CR replaced the entire floor, new rollers, all labor and the cost of the steel plate all under warranty.

2013 Elevation 3912
Old 11-03-2015, 08:42 AM   #27
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddc View Post
I should read this forum more often. Nice to hear CR is not going under as my 2015 Brickyard is a year old and after visiting the Dallas RV show and talking to one of the or the product development person, informed us of all the good things that are coming.
He asked if we were happy. Not a good question to start with. For the most part we are happy with the Brickyard minus all the little things that need fixing and us done under warranty. We also part the extended service plan and that should take care of any unforeseen things to come.
The biggest problem and concern for me is, there are no instructions for all the buttons, switches, antenna/cable/satellite outlets, etc. The dealer was new to CR when we purchased and didn't have a clue. They said they contacted CR with no information was available. Have most figured out.
Also, we are having a problem with the closet walls falling in from all the rough roads around this great country. The trim is actually in 2 pieces since getting them replaced last month. I have added Firestone Air Bags to the dually, and helped a little, but still is very rough on the bedroom and closet.
While at the RV show, I noticed that all the new 2015s come with a different Lippert pin box. We have the Trail Air Roto Flex and the new ones come with the Flex Air. The CR person gave me his email and said he would make it right as soon as he received my email. He was willing to get a Flex Air installed while at the dealer for warranty and also get us a wiring schematic and frame drawing so we could install a motorcycle dolly in the garage with out drilling a hole into something that shouldn't have a hole. Well 2 emails later and absolutely no response. Not a peep. Tried the dealer and they say those CR guys promise things all the time at the shows and nothing happens.
Almost forgot. The happyjack beds in the garage, does everyone else's have a latter to get to the upper bed? Not mine. Dealer said it doesn't come with one. But all the ones at the RV show had one. CR guy said that was coming to the house. Still waiting.
Hope you guys have better luck than we have.
Hi there!

On behalf of CrossRoads, it sounds like we have some legwork to do. I would like to get some of these issues followed up with immediately, if you don't mind! :-) Have private messaged you to get some more information and see how I can help.

We don't EVER want to be the guys that promise things and don't follow up!

Talk to you soon!,

Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:59 AM   #28
New Camper

I would like to know more about this also. I have a 2013 3612 and the roof cross members have come loose and sinking into the living and bedroom areas.

Mike Jones
mikeejones@twc.com
Mikeejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:45 AM   #29
Gone Traveling

All of Crossroads has been rolled into Keystone as their step child & it has become very difficult to get parts or work done on CR rvs, sorry to inform you. That post from Christian you quoted was from several years ago & we now have no one at either manufacturer speaking on our behalf. I had to have some repair work on my 5er due to an accident & CR said they no longer stocked parts call Keystone, Keystone said we don't carry parts for CR rvs call CR.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:05 PM   #30
Weekend Camper

Issues with mine too.

My 2013 3612 has been to the dealership several times. Last year they did get the living room roof trusses warrantied from CR. It’s solid now. I started having slide issues in the bedroom. So I took it in again and they found the roof trusses in the bedroom area failing also. They are going to put in a request to get these warranted also. I’ll post up the results in the weeks to come. I’ll say overall I’ve been happy with this unit, in that I bought it pre-owned and at a great deal. Of course this is the first I’ve ever owned, so I really don’t have anything to gauge it against.
Has anyone had an Elevation that didn’t have major issues?
Old 08-28-2019, 08:14 PM   #31
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishmatt View Post
So just a couple of things:

1). We installed the Flex Air and have been very happy. We travel with stuff on the main bed and the couch and nothing appears to get shaken too much.

I also Harley notice any chucking or bouncing, yet I can see the trailer moving a good amount in the mirror.

2.). Ours is a 2013, and it didn't come with a ladder either. I still haven't bought one. The kids just use a small 3 step ladder/stool to get up on the bed.

I just had the famous external wall crack in the bedroom slide and CR repaired it with the "H" trim even though we are out of warranty.

Since our nightmare first 18 months, the unit had been working well!

Any extremely old thread but hoping maybe someone knows more about this infamous wall crack and how it is properly repaired?

I have a 2006 TF36DS and a corner, upper right side crack has appeared at the master bedroom slide. It starts at that upper right corner and is making its way towards to roof line. About 6-8 inches long right now.
customfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:26 PM   #32
Family Vacation Member

Only thing I can tell you is that after they installed the piece of “H” trim, I have no further crack issues.

Sorry mate, wish I could help more.

2013 Elevation 3912