Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2015, 05:54 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Thumbs down Elevation discontinued??

Talked with a sales person in Detroit about trading in our Elevation on a Nitro. Tired of the shotty work and the layout just doesnt work for us. He informed me that they have discontinued making the Elevations because of all the problems and they just bought back all the ones the dealer had on the lot. He let me know that because of this our trade in on our camper is now only about $30k. Any one else heard this??? I want them to buy mine back to since they just screwed us out of any value on ours.
wanderingprobablylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

I have a feeling this is true, as i tried to sell my 2013 i got as a left over in 2014 and i was told its worth less then $30,000 right now, which is ridiculous to have my unit worth less the half of what i paid for it in under a year of ownership.
markovwgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

yea we got ours brand new it was the first off the line for the 2015 models and its worth about the same as what they told you
Old 09-02-2015, 06:15 PM   #4
Site Team

I just viewed the 2016 Elevations online at various dealers. They have the Elevation: Homestead, Las Vegas, Grand Prix, Laguna, Richland, Talladega and Brickyard. Was that the models they had in the past years.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:19 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Yea they started those in 2015. We have the Grand Prix.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:17 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Hi All!

I actually just took this thread to Elevation's product manager...who was REALLY surprised to hear that Elevation has been discontinued!!

I'm not sure how the rumor got started, or why a dealership would state that information as factual! I have private messaged you to see what dealership it was- because apparently we need to have a very serious conversation with them.

I also asked about the products that were bought back by CrossRoads. There were some Elevations purchased back becuase (in all honesty) it was the right thing for us to do. When we are made aware of QC concerns, sometimes, it is better for us to regroup and reformulate a product to be better..rather than continue selling a batch that causes issues. They were not bought back because of Elevation "going under", but rather, because Elevation is striving to become a reborn, better product.

Please let me be the first to apologize for any confusion regarding this matter. It is our hope to have very clear communication with ALL of our dealers, and it's definitely hard when that communication is not happening as it should. Any questions- feel free to ask! (If I don't know the answer, I'll bug someone that does)!

Thanks,
Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 03:16 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
Hi All!

I actually just took this thread to Elevation's product manager...who was REALLY surprised to hear that Elevation has been discontinued!!

Any questions- feel free to ask! (If I don't know the answer, I'll bug someone that does)!

Thanks,
Christian
Really great to hear this information. We considered trading in our 2013 3612 last year, and were unhappy to find it was worth about 20% of the retail price as a trade....

Since you asked, perhaps you could tell me if there will be who will be the representing dealer for the Elevation brand at the Hershey, Pa. RV show? Also if there will be an Elevation on display? The show is scheduled September 16-20 and we live only 15 minutes away so it is an annual event. Wife and I normally spend multiple days there.
Thanks!
Denny
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:48 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denviola View Post
Really great to hear this information. We considered trading in our 2013 3612 last year, and were unhappy to find it was worth about 20% of the retail price as a trade....

Since you asked, perhaps you could tell me if there will be who will be the representing dealer for the Elevation brand at the Hershey, Pa. RV show? Also if there will be an Elevation on display? The show is scheduled September 16-20 and we live only 15 minutes away so it is an annual event. Wife and I normally spend multiple days there.
Thanks!
Denny
Absolutely! Elevation will be with Hitch RV. When you get to the show- look for the Crossroads blimp. :-) A bunch of us will be at the show all week...Looking forward to seeing you!
Old 09-05-2015, 08:18 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Hey There,

So are there certain vin# sequences CR is buying back, or is it on a case by case basis?

How do we know or who do we contact at CR to discuss this? Is it a dealer initiated process/conversation with CR?

I've had a ton of problems with mine (proper big problems) and if CR is buying back a problem batch, I would consider having CR buy ours back and purchase a new 2016 unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:05 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishmatt View Post
Hey There,

So are there certain vin# sequences CR is buying back, or is it on a case by case basis?

How do we know or who do we contact at CR to discuss this? Is it a dealer initiated process/conversation with CR?

I've had a ton of problems with mine (proper big problems) and if CR is buying back a problem batch, I would consider having CR buy ours back and purchase a new 2016 unit.

Hello!
I have contacted you privately to see how I can help. CR bought a small selection of units back from that specific dealer as a gesture of good will- so I'm actually not sure about any details besides that. However, I would very much like to explore some possibilities for getting your issues fixed and seeing how we could help prevent them in the future.

Talk to you soon!
Christian
Old 09-10-2015, 08:57 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

So I got a call from one of the retail purchasing managers at CR (thank you Christian). After speaking very candidly for about 30 mins, I feel much better.

Here were my concerns and his answers:

Q.) Is there a CR Elevation buy back program?
A.) No, not at the consumer level. Sometimes CR will buy back old stock from a dealer in a effort to refresh inventory. Other times CR will buy back units if a dealer's market simply isn't buying Toy Haulers.

Q.) Is CR discontinuing the Elevation Line:
A.) No, in fact we are making more units than ever. It is a very popular unit and we strive each and every new model release to make it higher quality and more appealing than our competitors.

Q.) Is there any reason I should be concerned regarding the overall marketplace's perception of the Elevation product from a Q/A perspective that would impact my resell value (assuming normal wear and tear and fair market strength at the time of trade/sell)?
A.) No, geographical and strength of the used market will determine the FMV of the unit. We have no reason to believe or any evidence that the Elevation is depreciating faster than any other comparable unit.

Q.) My warranty is over, yet I'm starting to see the small crack in the exterior wall where the bedroom slide is installed. Is this going to be a bigger problem for me down the road?
A.) No, CR will stand behind the unit on a case by case basis (open ended warranty repair) and will repair the cracks with H molding to release the stress on the flexible wall. We have noticed these cracks starting to form and we have changed our manufacturing process to include a small cut and H-Molding in the new units from the get go.

This is not a CR exclusive problem, this is a manufacturing challenge with large units. The walls have to be flexible for resiliency, but that stress/energy from the flexing has to have a release. In these units is shows itself in the form of these small cracks.

Note: I checked the RV.Net (Class A section), Keystone and Heartland forums too and there does seem to be a fair amount of these small cracks that are becoming common place.

At the end of the call he asked if I had any other issues with the unit at this time? I said no. He encouraged me to call customer service if I had any issues with unit and they would review them on a case by case basis.

I feel better about my Elevation now.

Matt.

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:52 PM   #12
Site Team

Again, it's great that Crossroads is stepping up to help. Post like these prove that not only does Crossroads have these problems, but it is a industry wide issue. Hopefully, the fix will work.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 09-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Love seeing Crossroads reps replying back to us! Was looking at an ad for the newer 2015 Elevations just a moment ago. Ours was one of the first of not the first 2015 off the line. After we spent 2 weeks in it we compiled a list of things we love and things we would change and sent it to our contact at the factory. Was cool to see a bunch of the things on the change list in the newer ones but kinda sucked seeing it at the same time lol!
Old 09-21-2015, 09:52 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Good morning,

Well when I started reading this chain of posts, I thought, OMG I have been violated. I just bought a 2015 Crossroads Elevation Brickyard. So far, no trips so cant really comment. I did buy the extended warranty and paint/fabric protection, so I am pretty confident anything that goes wrong will be address. I have ran into this problem though, and thought I might ask if anyone has had this issue.

The garage does not seem to cool like the rest of the trailer. The living room, and bedroom are freezing, but the garage is "so, so". Any thoughts?

Also, the rear cargo lights are not working, and neither is the gas gauge for either tank.

Thanks so much,

P.S. - I had a 2007 Fleetwood Redline 37Footer, and had the crack. They have been around for years. The fiberglass shop offered to take front panel off and repair by installing through bolts, but the cost vs reward just was not there, so we drove it with the fracture for years, no issues other than an ugly crack. The 2015 I now have has the seem, which should help the fiberglass, hopefully the internal components have been re-designed to correct this problem.

Rick
b140957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #15
Site Team

Did you close the main dump opening on the Ac itself?? That will increase the amount of cold are going thru the ductwork. And close the vent in bedroom. There could be a blockage or disconnect in the ductwork going to the garage. Take a vent down, insert a good flashlight, and see it you can take video or pictures with your cell phone. If not, insert a flexible probe to see if there is a blockage. Remove the vents in garage and do the same thing.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:32 AM   #16
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b140957 View Post
Good morning,

Well when I started reading this chain of posts, I thought, OMG I have been violated. I just bought a 2015 Crossroads Elevation Brickyard. So far, no trips so cant really comment. I did buy the extended warranty and paint/fabric protection, so I am pretty confident anything that goes wrong will be address. I have ran into this problem though, and thought I might ask if anyone has had this issue.

The garage does not seem to cool like the rest of the trailer. The living room, and bedroom are freezing, but the garage is "so, so". Any thoughts?

Also, the rear cargo lights are not working, and neither is the gas gauge for either tank.

Thanks so much,

P.S. - I had a 2007 Fleetwood Redline 37Footer, and had the crack. They have been around for years. The fiberglass shop offered to take front panel off and repair by installing through bolts, but the cost vs reward just was not there, so we drove it with the fracture for years, no issues other than an ugly crack. The 2015 I now have has the seem, which should help the fiberglass, hopefully the internal components have been re-designed to correct this problem.

Rick
Rick,

On behalf of CrossRoads, thank you for choosing our product. Glad that you found this forum as well. It serves as a very useful troubleshooting tool for if/when something goes awry with your unit!

Should you need any warranty help, or need ANYTHING from us as a company, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm here as your liaison and happy to help in any way I can!

Thanks again,
Christian
Old 09-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

Making the assumption you have two AC units. The AC in the living space is ducted and cools the entire unit front to back, unless you open the vent next to the intake screen and allow the cool air to be discharged straight down into the living space. If the vent is open, very little flow gets to the garage. The AC in the bedroom does not discharge into the duct work and only cools the bedroom. So the bedroom gets cool very quickly and the garage takes quite a while to cool down. The garage will stay cool once you get there and without a third unit it takes a while. I always extend all the awnings (even the patio) to keep the sun off the unit as much as possible.
The post from Mark above gives very good advice.
Denny
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:27 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

The fuel gauges only read after you press the pump timer to turn on the pump. you can turn off the pump by pressing it a second time. Check the switches on the light fixtures themselves to see if they are turned on so they will work with the wall switch.
E Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:56 AM   #19
Weekend Camper

E Schultz - Thank-you, I will try that this evening. The pump timer switch, so easy and yet never occurred to me. That why we humans do better together, LOL. As far as the wall switches near the lights, I have not been able to find them. My old trailer had them next to the door, but this one does not. Any other place they may be? Thanks again.

Denviola - Thanks for the advice on the AC. I will close the vent, and see if that works. I also can probably close a couple more, and leave the bedroom door open to help cool the main room down, and allow the ac to push more air to the garage. Will try that next.

Mark5W - This particular RV does not seem to have the AC opening you are referring to. I remember on my older one, I had the actual AC panel that had openings on all four sizes, or maybe just two. Anyway, I would close those so that it would cool the rest of the trailer. This RV does not have it. All I see when I look up are vents, and filters. Two filters in the main room, and one in the bedroom.

I did purchase a pad that I shoved up into the 14 inch vent opening in the garage, hopefully that will help. It made it darker for sure.

Thank-you to all for the great comments, and great advice which I am absorbing and will use.

Rick
Old 09-22-2015, 07:33 PM   #20
Weekend Camper

E Shultz- thank you, fuel pump timer switch worked like a charm. Thanks again.