Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2016, 09:54 AM   #21
Seasonal Camper

I am an engineer and I find this most disturbing.

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel
2014 Zinger 27RL (Traded)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:56 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joep View Post
I don't understand why there are no highway safety laws for trailers like recalls on vehicles,we just get o well out of warranty.
But there are and there are plenty of recalls. Just like with cars, owners have to file complaints with NHTSA, then if the issue is verified, deemed a highway safety problem and enough complaints received, then a voluntary or mandatory recall will happen. Most recalls are small in quantity and don't hit the news, some are reported in magazines like Trailer Life. Probably the biggest was the Dometic refer fire issue, Dometic ran ads in TL and sent recall notices to owners and repair kits to dealers, my previous unit received that repair.
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:04 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

Thats what I did and there is not really a place for trailers but I reported any way on the page it notes: the review and investigation process may take a long time ,but dont worry you will be notified if there is a recall.lmao will be fixing myself next week.
joep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:31 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

On my 05 PP it was the cracks on the shackle welds not the frame but was taken care of by the dealer. Of course it was some rookie with a arc welder. But in any care it was there to see. What about the places you can not see in the frame. That is what scares me .... but it has hung together for 11 years so far. Just keep my fingers crossed
Old 03-29-2016, 01:06 PM   #25
New Camper

our 2013 elevation TH3410 had a 4 inch crack/stress fracture in the driver side gooseneck develop in 2014. dealer fixed it once by Crossroads specs (which failed) and then the dealers own method for fixing such cracks (worked), Crossroads paid twice for same fix. Dealer said it's not uncommon in fifth wheels.