Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 08:40 PM   #21
Seasonal Camper

I really appreciate and enjoy this forum. Please do not get me wrong. But, when a trademark name is used in the banner, images of a trademarked product are also used in the banner. The site is linked directly from the company web home page, etc....then the site is owned by Crossroads RV. Or at the very least, authorized by Crossroads RV.
I applaud that they allow the criticism to continue, and I will add, it seems like a lot more of it than even a year or two ago.
By the way, I am have had a few of my posts deleted when I tried to share how good of a deal I got from my Dealer.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:29 AM   #22
Site Team

OK, now that this thread has been totally messed up lets try and get it back to the original theme.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #23
Family Vacation Member

ok....so we have had a very challenging 8 months of Elevation ownership. More than a few serious issues and my fair share on annoying "wtf" issues.

That said, I remain confident that Crossroads will want to work and restore the faith. Depending on the response I will update the thread. I don't want to forum bash or do anything other than try to resolve my issues and get RV'ing with my kids.

I have reached out to Crossroads and wait to hear back...stay tuned.

oh: My dealer has been great so far. (Southern RV, Jonesboro GA).

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
Old 08-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #24
Site Team

I hope your reaching out includes telephone calls. Seems like many emails are ignored.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Old 03-02-2015, 05:17 AM   #25
New Camper

Newby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWildWest View Post
As Mark said, the Site Team (AKA moderators), consists of 3 of us who are all CrossRoads owners ourselves and volunteers. We are just here to keep the peace (sanity) in line with the forum rules.

Here is why pricing and certain other things can't be discussed.

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ork&page=rules
Not trying to cause problems or get banned on my first day but hte rules state:

"Dealer Pricing | Vendor and Customer Disputes: Do not make posts about new coach pricing at various dealerships. These are private transactions between you and that dealer. This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community."

If this forum really isn't owned or controlled by CR then why would there be a problem with members (noncommercial, nondealers) having a discussion of prices paid for new or used units? We discuss the prices of everything else here, trucks, mods, equipment, etc. Further, I am a member of several other "owners" sites where these restrictions would never be considered. In fact last winter I became an original member of jetboaters.net because the owner of the Yamahajetboaters.com site (though not affiliated with Yamaha) became very totolitarian and banned some longtime members who had contributed the most to the site over the years. His motivation was personal profit. I'm sure that is not the case here. Nonetheless, it seems to me that the price we pay for a unit should only be as personal as each individual owner wants it to be. Rather than ban discussion of pricing shouldn't the individual member have the CHOICE to discuss it or not. The only logical reason to ban such discussion would be in the case of dealer advertising, otherwise I'm sure that we could learn volumes from each other on this issue - the same as any other. Again, not trying to cause uproar or controversy. Just my $0.02 from (probably) the newest member here.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:13 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

I am not usually very vociferous on topics like this, but I am going to break my tradition. When a person goes to join an established anything...ie. club, church, society, forum or any other group that is already established, they will see that some rules and guidelines apply. Those rules were established at the onset so that prospective members could know whether it was a group that they wanted to be part of. If not, then they could look until they found a group with rules that satisfied them. If they could not find such a group, they would be free to form their own group. But the people who are already members of that group joined it with the rules in place. And when a person joins such a group they should do so with the intent of abiding by the rules which were in place before they joined, rather than with the intent of changing the rules that were in place, and thereby affecting the people who joined while in support of those rules.
When we join something we are subscribing to their established rules. If we can't support those rules, we should look for a group whose rules suit us.
And that is my .02

What ways shall I wish I had taken when I am leaving this world? - William Law

Old 03-02-2015, 06:28 AM   #27
Site Team

Well said Rhizoo. Thank you.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:51 AM   #28
Family Vacation Member

Gosh, with all these $.02 being thrown around, pretty soon we will have a Buck...

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Old 03-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #29
Family Vacation Member

So since this I started this thread I will close out by saying that while our first 8months of ownership was a lesson in patience and Zen like understanding, it all worked out in the end.

After the communication with CR had been established, all my issues got fixed/resolved/restored to my satisfaction. Since the final repairs, I've camped 5 or 6 times and the unit has performed perfectly.

No other unit on the market had/has a floor plan like the 3912. It fits our needs perfectly.

Even though the initial build QA is/was terrible, the overall product is outstanding and I am excited to RV in 2015.

Next up, upgrade the outside speakers and go party.

Cheers,

Matt

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
Old 03-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #30
Full Time Camper

Good comments and yes, when I first joined the forum I was a bit disappointed I couldn't use the existing membership base as a resource to "get a feel" if I was getting a good deal or not.

That said, I don't know what I would have done if someone in say, Texas told me they paid $2,000 less than my best quote. The pricing is based on several different variables, I would has searched the best price and probably never get a dealer in the Tri-state area to match it. I probably would have just got frustrated and stopped shopping instead of biting the bullet and have 2 great years of memories.

I visited/called 3 dealers within 5 hours of my home and went with the best one for the exact layout and features I wanted. For us, driving 5 hours to save a bunch of money was worth it for us.

Also, just because Crossroads doesn't own the site does not mean they can't raise a fuss and shut us down either. We've got a great host of support and volunteers to keep us all in the know about our rigs, who needs that headache. It can and does happen.

Why is United Airlines suing a 22-year-old? - Dec. 29, 2014

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
Old 03-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #31
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWildWest View Post
As Mark said, the Site Team (AKA moderators), consists of 3 of us who are all CrossRoads owners ourselves and volunteers. We are just here to keep the peace (sanity) in line with the forum rules.

Here is why pricing and certain other things can't be discussed.

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ork&page=rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizoo View Post
I am not usually very vociferous on topics like this, but I am going to break my tradition. When a person goes to join an established anything...ie. club, church, society, forum or any other group that is already established, they will see that some rules and guidelines apply. Those rules were established at the onset so that prospective members could know whether it was a group that they wanted to be part of. If not, then they could look until they found a group with rules that satisfied them. If they could not find such a group, they would be free to form their own group. But the people who are already members of that group joined it with the rules in place. And when a person joins such a group they should do so with the intent of abiding by the rules which were in place before they joined, rather than with the intent of changing the rules that were in place, and thereby affecting the people who joined while in support of those rules.
When we join something we are subscribing to their established rules. If we can't support those rules, we should look for a group whose rules suit us.
And that is my .02
I agree that everything you say is true. I'm not arguing that those aren't the rules. I fully understand how rules work and that you agree to them to become a member, I'm just a little curious as to WHY those are the rules in the context of CR not owning the site and having no affiliation or connection to the site or it's moderators? Again, I'm not worried about it one way or the other. I'm just a curious sort and always look for the logic and reason behind any and everything. I'm always asking "the why" of things that I don't understand - it's how we learn after all. I'm sure there is a perfectly logical reason for the policy. I'm just wondering what it is. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:53 AM   #32
Site Team

Well this thread has gotten "totally" off topic from what the op started it out as, and seeing as englishmatt seems to have put his ending touch to it. I think it's time to put this one to rest.

Just to try and shed some light for primedoc.
Social Knowledge took this forum over from CR and that was part of the agreement---no pricing.
Closed Thread