Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2015, 10:05 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

My 2013 Elevation....

I don't know if my 2013 Elevation is a useless piece of garbage or if Crossroads themselves are more useless then anything I've ever had to deal with in my entire life.

Well i just got off the phone with Tom from Crossroads. After leaving Angie about 10 voicemails and sending her about 7 emails with no reply to anything. He says they cannot extend my warranty or cover my trailer payments for the past 4 months that my trailer has been at the dealer getting fixed. I bought my trailer brand new in june with a broken generator, non working external fuel pump, leaking window in the hallway, broken AC, garage screen door falling off the walls, sliding glass door roller breaking and destroying the tracks, dyson wall mount vacuum falls off the wall since it was screwed into nothing, bathroom door locking mechanism breaking, shower door seal falling apart, no heat in the living room, missing tv in the garage. And then after using the trailer this summer for 4 months both the living room slide and kitchen slide will not close properly and was stuck open. I got stuck on the side of the road in late October with it and its been at the dealer since late november. 4 Months and all that was fixed so far is the rubber seal on the shower door, bathroom door locking mechanism and the external fuel pump. Mean while al these other issues haven't even been addressed yet.
I can't even think of anything else right now. Does anyone else have any ideas on what to do with all of this? Im almost ready to give up. The camping world that its at is useless and barely gets anything done and no one is there to deal with my questions half the time.
markovwgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:32 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Have you tried going up the chain at the dealer (Camping World) to get them at least moving on fixing the stuff that is wrong? I wouldn't stop until you got to Leonis.

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Also, JFMI, which Camping World has it?

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
Old 03-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Not that's really relevant, but what model of Elevation is it? Go check out my thread regarding my 2013 3912. I had tons of issues and the unit spent a LOT of time at the dealer. I detailed my issues in my thread. FWIW I did purchase a 7yr extended warranty too.

While I can't detail the resolution on the forum, I can say that what you are asking for isn't unreasonable and you should keep working at it (as sorry as that is to say).

At the end of my story, I am a happy CR customer and they certainly took care of me. That said, I needed to contact Andy Cripe (copied my dealer too) directly to make the ball start rolling. My dealer chimed in too and things got resolved quickly.

Sorry you are having a hard time.

Matt.

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:05 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

There are multiple reports that major issues were resolved at the factory. You need to push for that and expect them to transport the unit. It is a real disappointment for you just keep pushing with CR. As stated above don't take no for an answer.
Keep us posted and good luck.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:28 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Its a 2013 Elevation TF4012, its at the camping world in Kingston, NY.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markovwgti View Post
I don't know if my 2013 Elevation is a useless piece of garbage or if Crossroads themselves are more useless then anything I've ever had to deal with in my entire life.

Well i just got off the phone with Tom from Crossroads. After leaving Angie about 10 voicemails and sending her about 7 emails with no reply to anything. He says they cannot extend my warranty or cover my trailer payments for the past 4 months that my trailer has been at the dealer getting fixed. I bought my trailer brand new in june with a broken generator, non working external fuel pump, leaking window in the hallway, broken AC, garage screen door falling off the walls, sliding glass door roller breaking and destroying the tracks, dyson wall mount vacuum falls off the wall since it was screwed into nothing, bathroom door locking mechanism breaking, shower door seal falling apart, no heat in the living room, missing tv in the garage. And then after using the trailer this summer for 4 months both the living room slide and kitchen slide will not close properly and was stuck open. I got stuck on the side of the road in late October with it and its been at the dealer since late november. 4 Months and all that was fixed so far is the rubber seal on the shower door, bathroom door locking mechanism and the external fuel pump. Mean while al these other issues haven't even been addressed yet.
I can't even think of anything else right now. Does anyone else have any ideas on what to do with all of this? Im almost ready to give up. The camping world that its at is useless and barely gets anything done and no one is there to deal with my questions half the time.
You bought it with all this stuff broken? 3rd sentence in. When you bought it, did you go over everything during an orientation walk through?
morphrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:46 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
You bought it with all this stuff broken? 3rd sentence in. When you bought it, did you go over everything during an orientation walk through?
I think we could be a little more helpful vs. kicking the guy when he's in a bad place right?

Perhaps he felt assured the stuff would get resolved quickly since he bought it from a large company. Being this my first RV purchase, I was all set to buy from CW because of the size of the company and what I felt would be accountability if it all went pear shaped.

I then chose not to because my sales guy refused give me a $20 ticket to the CW RV show here in Atlanta. After going to the show, I then purchased from a more expensive unit from a much smaller local dealer and they have been awesome. I attribute my now great 3912 to CR Management hearing my plight and my dealer talking to CR directly to make it right.

Experience teaches us a ton of stuff.

2013 Elevation 3912
Old 03-05-2015, 11:00 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Not kicking all. I was just wondering if during the walkthrough that this stuff was noticed?

Markovwgti- Can you get a hold of CR and ask them what other businesses or dealers you might bring it to so it can get worked on? Sometimes you can bring to other qualified places that are not a typical RV dealer.
morphrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:54 AM   #10
New Camper

My 2013 3612 elevation has been there for repairs a couple of times.... I called and e-mailed "angie" so many times with no response I thought she was a make believe person working there. Finally I got with another person to deal with my list of problems... Which are being adressed now.
mitrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:10 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

Can i get their contact info, maybe they will help me better then angie!
Old 04-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Markovwgti

Have you had any resolution to your issues?

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
Old 04-14-2015, 11:33 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

Camping world did a great job five months later. I even have heat in the living room since they put a new vent in the wall under the TV. I have les heat in the bathroom because of it but that works out fine. I have been in contact with John woodcox about it. He's letting me know today if they will cover four months of my payments and extend my warranty or just do one of those nice things instead of both. Will keep everyone updated. They even replaced a whole wall since the window was leaking.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:47 PM   #14
Family Vacation Member

Mark...

Can you please post a pic of where you have the new vent. I'd love to get moer heat in my living area and take some from the bathroom.

Thanks in advance.

2013 Elevation 3912
Old 04-16-2015, 09:19 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

its upstate in storage, when i go get it in a few weeks to use it ill take some pics!