Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2015, 09:07 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Slide motor out and other issues

Woo-hoo my warranty ended and my camper knows it! We pulled into a truck stop just outside Columbus, mo. Find a nice corner out of the way to put the bed slide out and get some zzz''s only to find out one of the slide motors is dead. Reading a short between control and mechanism. Any fix ideas? Also my black and galley tank sensors are done. Galley reads empty even when the sinks back up from being full. Black reads full 24/7 even though we have cleaned that black tank with every trick we've found and it doesn't sit long enough to gel. The outlets on the island and the ones outside and in the basement no longer work. Everything going wrong including the sensors is an annoyance but I start living in this for Amazon camperforce Saturday. I have no clue what to do to have it fixed in time! Any ideas?
wanderingprobablylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:34 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

And because we're on the road at a truck stop we can't unload the garage so that makes FIVE Queen sized beds in our camper we can't sleep on.... ugh
Old 09-22-2015, 09:50 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

not sure what my code was I think the same.. found out was broken wire on motor we { me and my Bro }were able to push slide out and get to screw on outside of trailer needs to be out about 12 inchs ... once screw is out motor is very easy to remove i carry a spare motor just in case. we soidered the wire on and all better!!!!
hope this helps.. look on utube for videos on how to remove motor
aupainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 05:22 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

So uhh. Yea it's our bedroom slide so can't get in the room to push the slide and can't get it to budge when pulling on it. The manual override only goes in. Wtf sense does that make??
Old 09-23-2015, 06:16 PM   #5
Site Team

Look at this video if it is a schwintek slide. It will allow you to open and close the slide without problem,

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

That one shows you how to put it in and how to work it if you can get to the motor. Can't get to that motor.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:33 PM   #7
Site Team

Do you have the schwintek slide mounted at top, bottom or midway up the slide?

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 09-23-2015, 09:35 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

I have rails at the top and bottom on the slide. I can't access the motor at all. With the slide closed my bedroom is completely inaccessible and the motor that's out is at the very front of the room
Old 09-23-2015, 10:33 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

will need to get to wall some how there should be a molding there remove the top screw pull it down.. then pull the black piece back it will be glued at the top. the motor will be behind black piece there. have herd that you can pry up on motor and snap outside screw lift motor out. this is done when the slide is closed
Old 09-23-2015, 10:50 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

This is the slide in question. i have a couple inches in between the slide and wall and about 8 inches on top. The motor i need to get to is on the far end
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slide1.jpg (44.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg slide.jpg (106.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-23-2015, 10:56 PM   #11
Site Team

After viewing your floor plan online I see your problem. You're land locked. Anyway you can pry open the window near the side of the bed??

Old 09-23-2015, 10:58 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

Not sure how to without breaking it since they're the pop outs like yours
Old 09-23-2015, 10:59 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Also we have noted our next camper will have the bed accessible with all slides closed. Preferably the fridge too LOL
Old 09-23-2015, 11:03 PM   #14
Site Team

My wife insisted the fridge was accessible with out having to slide. Same thing with the bathroom. She wanted access without sliding and a private door from our bedroom into it.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:07 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

ok i get it
Old 09-23-2015, 11:11 PM   #16
Weekend Camper

Yea i was insistent about the bathroom as well but the rest were learn by living. As well as not having an island in the kitchen. But its our first
Old 09-23-2015, 11:15 PM   #17
Site Team

I think that the window in the bedroom is an emergency exit window. Is there a way you can insert something to release the handles at the bottom of the window??

Old 09-24-2015, 03:21 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

Here is a video telling how to do an electronic override, makes the slide work even with a detached or shorted wire. Not sure how this is possible, but it may be worth a try. https://youtu.be/xojUdPDWNS0
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #19
Weekend Camper

I think I read somewhere a while back that you can unplug the connections form the module and are able push and pull the slide with some effort. I would at least try that and get a person on each side of the slide outside and pull it from outside.

Great thoughts on the accessibility options with the slides closed. That will be a consideration for us on our next rig.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:11 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

The electronic override only goes in. After mark reminding me of the emergency exit I broke into the bedroom. There are two broken wires to that motor but no way to unscrew the motor like in the video shows. The wires are broken off from the.motor not the wire plug so not even possible to fix in here