Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2015, 06:43 AM   #1
New Camper

Slide out problem & dealer issue

National RV in Bellville Mi has had my 14 Elevation more than I have for the last year and a half. The living room slide has had multiple repairs and they don't seem to have the ability to repair appropriately. The Lippert thru frame slide has broken gears twice (the second time because NATLRV installed the wrong one) I called Lippert to get the right tooth ratio needed and then shared with NATLRV. Now they say the whole Lippert unit is screwed up and I have waited months for supposed parts. Does anyone know of someone who specializes in installation and setup of the Lippert unit. Lippert does not and can't recommend anyone. Luckily I bought a 7 year warranty package and they have been covering all cost. I just want to get this slide repaired once and for all........Thanks
Campy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:45 AM   #2
Site Team

Have you contacted the factory/Cross Roads?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #3
Site Team

Here is a Lippert service center in Mi, not sure how far away it is from you. Innovative Design Solutions (IDS) 6801 15 Mile Rd. Sterling Heights, MI 48312 248-583-1010 248-583-0527

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:57 PM   #4
New Camper

Lippert service

Thanks for the info I will call them !!!,
Old 11-25-2015, 03:33 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Hey Campy,
I took mine right to the Lippert Service center in Indiana. They found my slide was a 1/2" out of square. Replaced and shimmed the track system. Spent nearly $900 but at least its fixed and working. Camper has 30k plus on it, so its definitely been used. Very satisfied with the service facility, at least you get some body with knowledge and experienced with the system.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:35 AM   #6
New Camper

Thumbs up Thanks

I did in fact just found them and have been in contact with The Goshen IN service center.......Thanks for the response.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:40 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

They are a little backed up but at least know what their doing. We just incorporated it into our travels. Been there 3 times, 2 were under warranty and this time I was direct pay. oh well, just wanted it fixed.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:16 AM   #8
New Camper

That's good to know. I have an appointment via phone to make arrangements today. I only live 40 miles from them but wasn't aware they had a service center. I had called earlier and was told they only manufacture.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:35 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

I don't have my original info with me, I was there in October, found this on the internet. Service Center on 1701 Century Dr, Goshen In. Number listed was 866-524-7821
I talked to a Collete, not sure on the spelling. Let me know if that works.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:51 AM   #10
New Camper

Yes Collete is the person I spoke with yesterday. And will be speaking with today. They were very helpful. Hope this is on track for resolve as I would really like final fix. I believe the issues were from the initial install not from my dealer. Thanks again.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:01 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Collette and I believe the shop foreman name was Chris were great. It was worth the trip and money to get it fixed right.
RVCRUISER34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:17 PM   #12
New Camper

We have a 2013 Elevation 4012 and our large slide out right side motor went out again. Called Crossroads and customer service rep was very short and not willing to assist us. Love the trailer but just not the slide out. Very unreliable. Will b watching this post for updates.
K9blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:06 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

If there was a warranty replacement a few months prior to this failure I would keep calling. With the issue I had with my slide I was told the problems were repaired and I was out of warranty. I keep reiterating my problem was not repaired while under warranty (at the Crossroads service center in Topeka), because I was continuing to have water leaks. After many months of calls and e-mails I got the attention of the company president, Andy Cripe, and finally got approval to have the slide floor replaced under warranty.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:26 AM   #14
New Camper

I want to thank you for that Lippert info. I did in fact go to my dealer and (with a fight) took my RV back and took it to Lippert. Colleen was great to work with and they repaired it in 4 days turn around. Your right as it was pricy but I got my money back from an extended warranty. (another fight because I took it from the dealer). My purchased from dealer National RV truly had no clue how to repair. The entire slide system was out of level/plum and was causing the gears to break from the pressure.....Thanks again for the help.