Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Took the Elevation in for warranty service

I'm bracing myself for rough times. Hopefully my dealer surprises me with awesome service.

Here's my list of items for them to look at:
  • Level-Up Jacks: The jacks work, but the auto-level doesn't. Mine gets sooo close to level, but then the jacks start to dump the trailer on its side and then it errors out (luckily!). It doesn't consistently do it to one side or the other. When I called Lippert they told me that it sounds like one of the sensors is bad or installed wrong. We'll see.
  • Can't drain the fresh tank. I can't tell if this is user error or an actual issue. I called Crossroads and they walked me through it and finally said it sounds like something is wrong. The service writer couldn't figure it out either.
  • Missing spare tire crank handle. Luckily I haven't had a flat yet and haven't needed to get to the spare.
  • Missing closet handle knobs. These were identified during the PDI, but they never ordered the parts.
  • Bad LED light fixture in the bedroom.
  • Missing window crank know in living room.
  • LED light strip on the nose of the trailer is full of water and only works intermittantly.
  • Cargo door hold stay (not sure what it's called) broke off on the first trip.
  • There's a high pitched whine coming from the fans in the fuse panel. The service writer says it's normal. Luckily my wife can't hear it. There are certain high frequencies she can't hear. My son and I can hear it loud and clear. After our first trip it actually started a tinnitus in my head that I haven't been able to shake even after six weeks or so. (I didn't tell him about the tinnitus.) He said the noise is normal, but he'll check it out to see if it's unusually loud. I'm going to be installing an inverter/charger in a few weeks, so I guess the problem should sort itself out after the upgrade.
  • One of the gray tank valves won't shut all the way. I had to install an extra blade valve on the end to keep from causing a hazmat spill every time I open the cap.

He told me I shouldn't be in too big of a hurry, because they had to get it into a bay to start looking at it (next week), call Crossroads for approval (slow), order parts (possibly slow), and then do the work (slow too?). I told him when our next trip is and he said I was welcome to come pick it up and go have fun with it. Unfortunately the dealer is about 70 miles from home and I didn't make it to work this morning until almost ten.

Fingers crossed.
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

I'm just wishing you good luck with the warranty. We took our Altitude to the dealer for a few minor things 2 weeks after we bought it. We scheduled for them to have it a week before a trip. They were fantastic, it was plugged in and washed and full of water when I got there. Ready to go. I have been very happy with this dealer.