Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2016, 09:27 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Toy Loading Brainstorming

My previous Toy Hauler was a Weekend Warrior FS2600. It didn't have a garage space and the cargo loading area was smaller than the 12+" garage on my Elevation. However, the Weekend Warrior had better placement for the D Rings. The anchor points were in each of the corners and then more sets in the middle.

The D Rings in my Elevation's garage are grouped in the middle of the space. Instead of putting them at the front of the garage and at the back by the ramp, the six tie downs are two feet or so closer to the center on both ends, giving me a smaller cargo area. This isn't usually a problem for two dirt bikes when it's just my wife and I, but this weekend two of our kids are joining us and I need to fit in two more bikes. I could fit five bikes in my old WW, but I'm not sure how to fit four in this nicer Elevation.

Any ideas?

If I put two in forwards and scoot their rear wheels out towards the walls, this will give me more side-to-side space to roll one in backwards, but I don't think I can fit one more in that way.

Thoughts?
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:15 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I tried to find a pic of the floor online to offer input but struck out. Do you have one?
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:31 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Garage floor layout

I was looking at options for mounting forward d-rings and removable bike shoe mounts but was concerned with what was underneath that I couldn't see. I asked Crossroads customer service if they could provide any drawings and they sent the below. Not sure how helpful but better than nothing I guess. This will be a winter project for us.
Attached Images
File Type: png Elevation 3412.png (22.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 11-20-2016, 07:48 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I used to have an old bike trailer that didn't really work for our bikes, but made it work by 'reverse tieing' them...

i.e. tied the left bike to the right side and vice versa,
then tie them together with proper cushioning between them...

Heck, they don't put seat belts in school buses because their (flawed) logic is to pack them in so tight they can't move
good luck
Old 11-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #5
Gone Traveling

The Elevation was built on the same assembly line as my Redwood & the flooring is 3/4" tongue & groove plywood mounted on 2" aluminum floor joists setting on the frame +your floor covering above all that, so unless you used extremely long screws you shouldn't hit anything.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:07 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxr515 View Post
I was looking at options for mounting forward d-rings and removable bike shoe mounts but was concerned with what was underneath that I couldn't see. I asked Crossroads customer service if they could provide any drawings and they sent the below. Not sure how helpful but better than nothing I guess. This will be a winter project for us.
That's an interesting diagram. I don't see the two fuel tanks though. I'll have to study it a little longer. Thanks for posting it.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:41 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Here is our solution. I'm not crazy about this setup, but we won't have four bikes very often. I'm thinking about putting some e-track in this same spot, but it will be a booger to keep clean.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:44 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxr515 View Post
Your image got me thinking...

Do you have an image that shows the rest of the tanks? Are there one or two fresh water tanks?
Old 10-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

By chance do you know the garage payload weight restrictions? Thank you in advance.
Mollymist is offline   Reply With Quote