Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2017, 09:52 PM   #1
New Camper

2013 Z1 271BH Tires

Had these tires since the Coach was bought in 2013 and we have travelled to Florida 3 times and back and made countless trips locally. the tires have very little wear and knock wood have not gone flat yet. Are we lucky? or are these tires just a ticking time bomb? What's the best tires to get? and where can I get a spare rim?
DisneyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:43 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Time bomb, They all go bad from the inside out might see some cracking on the outside
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
New Camper

Suggestions on replacements?

I was thinking E 10 ply.... Anywhere I can get them below 100 a tire?
DisneyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:32 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

New Goodyear ST tires made in this country lots to like about them
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:22 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

We had the OEM tyres on our unit until this year. Similar situation to you, Disney twice (from OH - close to same distance), Rhode Island, Mackinac, Carolina's, multiple weekend trips of 1-5 hours from home. Tyres were now 6 years old, and for personal reasons the unit had sat still for the last couple years. Knowing that the camper is used during vacation times and short weekends, and that I usually have 5 kids & wife in the TV, I decided that regardless of what the tyres looked like I was replacing them.

IMHO it's not worth having a bad start to a vacation, a messed up weekend, or a catastrophic failure resulting in severe damage to the trailer and possibly even the TV if things really go sideways, not to mention that if it goes real ugly the family isn't necessarily dealing with just an inconvenience but possible injury. Just not worth the risk, even with TPMS.

So I now run with Goodyear ST Endurance (made in the USA). Peace of mind has a value!! In addition, they're rated for higher speed and higher weight rating. My previous ST's were 65mph C's, new ones are D's and rated for a bit higher speed than I ever plan on running!! Having that additional margin for weight and speed means that I'm not running at or near max capacity on either weight or speed, and I like that extra margin. On some of those long downhills from the mountains I'm often at 70mph!!
Prev.: '05 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Quadrasteer
CenterLine HD (original)
1 wife, 5 kids, 1 rescue lab-mix
FezUSA is offline   Reply With Quote