Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
New Camper

I recently purchased a 2013 251BH.... I was de-winterizing and sanitizing it.... added my bleach/water mix to the fresh water tank, started filling it with my hose.... went in the house for a while, came out to see if it was full. well, to mySURPRISE..... the tank was laying on the driveway!!! both straps broken, hoses broken, wires stretched...... my Dealer came and picked it up, said they'd never seen this before..... anyone else hear of this??? I'm glad I wasn't toolin' down the highway when it decided to drop out!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the new trailer. Sounds like the same old ongoingQuality Control issues have struck again.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Unfortunatelythis was a big problem a few years ago on other models. On my Paradise Point the water tank has a ledge on both sides. these ledges set between two metal "I" beams with flat metal straps underneith the tank. The problem I had was one ofthe metal "I" beams was installed crooked and the tank was barely hanging on. I did not know this until I read on this forum that others had there tanks fall out and decided to check mine. I dropped the belly cover, re-installed the I beam correctly, then cut a peice of 1" marine grade plywood to match the bottom of the tank. I installed the plywood in between the I beams and above the metal straps so the tank sets on the plywood. The fix took about 2 hours and the only cost was for the plywood. And the whole thing could have been avoided if theperson at the factory would have takena little pride in their work. It's been said many times before and I'll say it again. When the big boys buy out the small manufactures, it's all about how many units they can shove out the door and quality goes to $H!T!
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:53 AM   #4
New Camper

thanks for the responses.... when I get it back from the dealer, I'll see what they did to fix it.... and "Over-fix" it myself if necessary. thanks for the repair idea!!!! are there other concerns I should be looking for??? common problems with the Z1s???