Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

A couple months after our purchase of a new 271BH we noticed a small puddle on the floor of the bedroom after a substantial downpour. I didn't take other's suggestions and immediately take it into the dealer.

Now, two months out of the one year warranty, I noticed the problem again while camping. This time I noticed water beading under the trim along the bottom of the wall. It was definitely a leak.

I took it to the dealer and they confirmed that it was a bad seal along the bottom of the window. Crossroads denied the claim even though I sent them pictures taken in July 2012 of the problem.

So just a word of warning. If you've noticed a similar small puddle on the floor - take it in! Even when presented with evidence of the problem during the warranty period they will deny the claim and you will be paying to fix it yourself.

The fix isn't terribly expensive but it was a little disheartening that Crossroads wouldn't do the right thing with this issue.

That being said, this was our first RV purchase and we've really enjoyed camping in our Z-1 over the last year.

2004 Nissan Armada with Blue Ox BXW1500

https://www.rv.net/SharedContent/cfb/...ture/z1sig.jpg
Chromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:08 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I had the same puddle on my 28bh. Found my leak was the trim piece that runs around the trailer about 4 in above the floor line, under the window like yours. small spot of clear rtv missing. re-caulked and puddle is gone. It did have me scratching my head for awhile trying to figure out where this puddle was coming from, and just like youI finally found the water was coming in from under the wall where it meets the floor. I also removed the molded piece from the trim channel and sealed the screw heads.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:19 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

This is an easy fix for your dealer. If Crossroads won't step up to the plate, the dealershould either repair it and write it off or at least split the cost with you. If you have documentation of where it was in for repair of this same problem in warranty, try contacting the Good Sam's help line (can't think of the official name, but it is in their magazine). Theyhave had good success resolving issues like these.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:25 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06081969

This is an easy fix for your dealer. If Crossroads won't step up to the plate, the dealershould either repair it and write it off or at least split the cost with you.
They said they have to remove the window and reseal it and replace the trim along the bottom of the wall (parts and labor $385). I'll have to pay the full amount out of my own pocket, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06081969
</span>If you have documentation of where it was in for repair of this same problem in warranty, try contacting the Good Sam's help line (can't think of the official name, but it is in their magazine). Theyhave had good success resolving issues like these.
That's the problem. I noticed the small puddle and kept an eye on it for a few weeks (after rain, etc) and didn't notice a reoccurance so I never brought it in. It was only a couple weeks ago that I noticed it again and by then I was two months out of warranty
Edited by: Chromag

https://www.rv.net/SharedC&#111;ntent/cfb/...ture/z1sig.jpg
Old 06-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks Crossroads! They did step up to the plate after a few emails and calls and covered the repair even though it was a couple months out of warranty.

https://www.rv.net/SharedC&#111;ntent/cfb/...ture/z1sig.jpg
Old 06-30-2013, 12:51 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Really glad to hear that crossroads stepped up for you!

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote