Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #1
F10
Weekend Camper

Outside speakers - now can shut off

We have not used our Z1 much, but when I first tried out the Furrion music system (using bluetooth), I realized my outdoor speakers were always working.
Being that I have tunnel vision, I gathered they were not controllable as the system did not provide for anything but L-R controls (via the set button - I think).
For grins, set it to all left. No outdoor speakers. Set it to right. All outdoor speakers.
This weekend while relaxing in the Davis Mountains, I was able to sit back and relax before going to sleep to the sounds for Frank Sinatra and the Eagles without being concerned about other park guests having to listen to my music.
Of course, once I turn on the a/c, with the non-ducted air (probably with ducted air as well), the music was essentially not discernible from the front of the camper were the bed is.
F10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by F100owner View Post
We have not used our Z1 much, but when I first tried out the Furrion music system (using bluetooth), I realized my outdoor speakers were always working.
Being that I have tunnel vision, I gathered they were not controllable as the system did not provide for anything but L-R controls (via the set button - I think).
For grins, set it to all left. No outdoor speakers. Set it to right. All outdoor speakers.
This weekend while relaxing in the Davis Mountains, I was able to sit back and relax before going to sleep to the sounds for Frank Sinatra and the Eagles without being concerned about other park guests having to listen to my music.
Of course, once I turn on the a/c, with the non-ducted air (probably with ducted air as well), the music was essentially not discernible from the front of the camper were the bed is.
Yeah, I think it takes most of us a little time to figure that one out.
Danny Pyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:32 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

That system is not very user friendly. Our old system had 3 zones and each zone had an actual button on the unit labeled A,B and C. You simply chose what zones you wanted on simply by pressing the button. We could even have our TV sound go through the speakers. Our TV in the Z1 cannot. When we inquired with our dealer they said it’s not possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2018, 08:53 AM   #4
Gone Traveling

Personally it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they stopped putting outside speakers & tvs in rvs, most of the folks we've parked next to with either have been apparently deaf, volume is always blasting or several screaming at the tv watching a ball game. If you use them be considerate of others around you!
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:05 AM   #5
Site Team

I totally agree. Some people seem to forget they have neighbors.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:21 PM   #6
F10
Weekend Camper

No fan of speakers, tv, etc. while I am sitting outside. Just doesn't make sense to me - but I am old fashioned as heck. The younger granddaughter does not like the no-cell phone/ipad rule we put in place while camping. She can have it just before bed time and just after waking up.
The one good thing about the loud a/c is it provides "white" noise, which could be useful in dealing with irksome neighbors.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:40 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

It's installed wrong. Both inside and outside should have a left and right speaker, for true stereo separation. The two different sets of speakers should be controlled by the FADE function, which, in an auto, means front and rear. In a camper it means inside and outside.
It is unbelievable that so few understand this, least of all the installers!
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:50 AM   #8
F10
Weekend Camper

I was expecting a fade option, but there is no indication of such on my unit. As to be installed wrong, it would not surprise me after the front of my travel trailer fell off on its second trip. Dealer said factory only used one or two screws to secure the lower aluminum panel.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:47 PM   #9
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by F100owner View Post

The Furrion DV7100 system is the biggest piece of crap I have had the displeasure of owning. Will be replacing it very soon.
Collin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:25 PM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin View Post
The Furrion DV7100 system is the biggest piece of crap I have had the displeasure of owning. Will be replacing it very soon.

Seconded!

I spent many minutes trying to educate a so called tech expert at Crossroads customer service that no way could outside speakers be true stereo when both were connected to the left channel and both inside were connected to the right channel, and there is NO front to back fader, only left to right.

I gave up, flushed the Furrion POS and installed a decent DUAL aftermarket unit with built in DVD player.
Biggles607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Ear plugs are cheap too
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:03 AM   #12
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles607 View Post
Seconded!

I spent many minutes trying to educate a so called tech expert at Crossroads customer service that no way could outside speakers be true stereo when both were connected to the left channel and both inside were connected to the right channel, and there is NO front to back fader, only left to right.

I gave up, flushed the Furrion POS and installed a decent DUAL aftermarket unit with built in DVD player.
Biggles607,
I think I’m gonna deep six my furrion also. What model dual did you install? Are you happy with it?
BigSinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:25 PM   #13
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles607 View Post
Seconded!

I’m looking at replacing the fruition pos also. What model dual did you install? How does it compare to the Furrion?

Thank upu
BigSinin is offline   Reply With Quote