Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2017, 01:59 AM   #1
New Camper

looking to purchase a 2011 CR Cruiser cf32ck

Hi
Looking to purchase a 2011 CR cruiser cf32ck 5th wheel. What should I be focused on when viewing this unit. 2nd owner nice clean trailer private sale. Have read many comments on the CR brand. My concerns are with Lipperts frame and axles.

Hopefully a new CR owner

Thanks
wrongwayrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:06 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Lippert make all the frames and axles for almost all the RV brands out there. What are your specific concerns?
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:22 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Wrong
You might want to go to the document section on this forum and do a little research...Also pay close attention to the PDI...That will give you over all insight as to what to look for before you buy...Good luck...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:39 AM   #4
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffur View Post
Lippert make all the frames and axles for almost all the RV brands out there. What are your specific concerns?
Mostly quaility, bent axles etc. I am going to crawl under this thing and have a good look. Other concern is frame flex around pin box this is not a heavy trailer I have an 07 gmc crew dually LB 6.6 td tow vehicle. I must have read a hundred plus post in the forum a lot of good things to say about this brand. Some have mentioned the build quality was really good up and including the 2011 model year then when it was purchased by another manufacturer guaility has slipped some what. Anyways its like anything else it comes down how this unit was cared for by the owner.

Thanks
Old 12-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #5
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT View Post
Wrong
You might want to go to the document section on this forum and do a little research...Also pay close attention to the PDI...That will give you over all insight as to what to look for before you buy...Good luck...
Will do thanks for the advice.
Old 12-16-2017, 03:56 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Some of the 2011 units had a pretty severe problem with frame flex. Our unit was one of them. The front cap had to be removed and the framing built up in order to support the pinbox and correct the problem. Do a search on frame flex, click posts and you will find quite a lot of discussion on this problem. I am not suggesting that the unit you are looking at has a problem. Just wanting you to be aware that some units did.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:16 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Lippert frame
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote