Old 03-04-2017, 08:14 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

I have not used the friction sway bar yet with the Z1. The ball plate was not mounted on the new TT so I had not hooked it up. The weight distribution works great and the TT is 33ft. So no discernible sway with it so far. I'll add the ball plate soon but not sure I'll use it.

2016 Crossroads 291 RL Z-1
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax SR5
www.wildlifeupclose.com
moore_rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:29 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppabear View Post
We have a Blue Ox Sway Pro with 1000lb bars for our super lite 240BH and love it SwayPro® | Blue Ox However if you truly want the best of the best then look for a Hensly Arrow or Pro Pride, but be prepared to drop 2 grand
I have the Blue Ox Sway Pro (1,000lb) as well. Simple to use...best hitch I've used so far!
Old 09-28-2017, 08:07 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Reese Steadi-Flex 1400/14K

Easy set-up and works extremely well for controlling sway on the road. I towed the camper home the other day with a pretty good crosswind. Naturally I could feel it being pushed around a little but never felt out of control. The only downside is that it can be a little noisy maneuvering around the campground.

Even though the thread is old, I figure someone is bound to check it out for information.
Grems4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:21 PM   #14
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grems4ever View Post
Reese Steadi-Flex 1400/14K

Easy set-up and works extremely well for controlling sway on the road. I towed the camper home the other day with a pretty good crosswind. Naturally I could feel it being pushed around a little but never felt out of control. The only downside is that it can be a little noisy maneuvering around the campground.

Even though the thread is old, I figure someone is bound to check it out for information.
This picture is a very good view of how any wdh should be set up, ball slightly tilted, bars parallel to the frame regardless whether they are hung by chains or as shown in the photo.
ALL wdh will make noise especially when turning, just the nature of them.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:00 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

IMHO, Pro-Pride or Henlsey... https://www.propridehitch.com/
expensive, but my Ford Excursion barely felt the 35' TT behind it.
https://www.google.com/search?q=prop...utf-8&oe=utf-8
Old 09-29-2017, 06:25 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

Husky Center Line

I like the Pro Pride 3P designed by the people that originally did the Hensley Arrow. The latter was/is widely accepted as one of the best WD hitches with sway control that actually doesn't control but eliminates sway. The Pro Pride is supposedly an improvement on the original design. They are the most expensive WD hitches out there that are $2k+ though.

As such when I did my research to pull my 29' I decided to use the Husky Center Line. The physics of the design work and I've been very happy with the results. I determined to try it and see how I liked it and if it wasn't good enough then I'd bite the bullet and upgrade to the Pro Pride. I haven't had a need to do that and while the CL isn't cheap, it's a lot less than the PP. It's heavy and you have to be pretty much in a straight line to hitch/un-hitch. But these are the only two negatives.

P2 Controller
1 wife, 5 kids, 1 rescue lab-mix
FezUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:10 AM   #17
New Camper

I have a round bar Ultra-Fab setup. Works good for me. I had a Reese friction sway bar (no WD) on my tent trailer and it was rock solid. Haven't needed it yet but I have the ability to add left and right friction sway to my hitch head if I find it necessary. Hard to argue when I picked it up new for $275 taxed.

A Hensley is close to $3k if I recall. I even ordered the DVD from the website. I'm not in an over loaded white buckle situation like the old dodge Intrepid with a tri-axel Airstream in the Hensley video.
alexramsey is offline   Reply With Quote