Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2019, 07:10 PM   #1
Site Team

Dodge

It looks like Dodge has built a real power house.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:00 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

It's not a Dodge.

But it is the best truck though.

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel
2014 Zinger 27RL (Traded)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:22 AM   #3
Site Team

If it's not a Dodge, what is it?
Old 01-16-2019, 06:57 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I googled it. It says “Dodge Ram Becomes RAM. In late 2009, under the new auspices of FIAT, Chrysler Group LLC restructured the Dodge brand. Its cars and minivans retained the Dodge nameplate, while its trucks, the Dodge Ram and Dodge Dakota, became RAM trucks. ... RAM became its own division within the corporation, with its own CEO (Fred Diaz).” But for the record I still and will always call it a dodge.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:48 AM   #5
Site Team

Thanks for the info Ted.
It will always be a Dodge to me also.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:16 AM   #6
Site Team

Once a Dodge always a Dodge. I would like to see the price. Or maybe not.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:38 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Something we noticed this year attending quite a few different Rodeo's around the province was that all the cowboys pull there trailers with a Ford or a Ram. Only one time did we spot a Chevy. Now we pull our trailer with a Chev and we don't have to worry about tearing the hitch off when you nail it with the 5.3L. but they tell me it's just a 327ci which has always been a good engine, just small..with more gears in the tranny unfortunately our 2010 only has a 6 speed and the newer now have 8. But my point is I'm sure there's good reason for them all using Ford and Ram as there hauling big trailers loaded with livestock and tack, but undoubtedly also diesel.. Just thought it was worth mention, and the Ram pictured above does look very sharp...
Old 01-18-2019, 11:53 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

statistically!

What I have read. Ford makes the most trucks(150's). Ram makes the most heavy duty trucks. Chevrolet the least heavy duty but lots of half tons.
tomkatbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:27 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T View Post
I googled it. It says “Dodge Ram Becomes RAM. In late 2009, under the new auspices of FIAT, Chrysler Group LLC restructured the Dodge brand. Its cars and minivans retained the Dodge nameplate, while its trucks, the Dodge Ram and Dodge Dakota, became RAM trucks. ... RAM became its own division within the corporation, with its own CEO (Fred Diaz).” But for the record I still and will always call it a dodge.

As a Chicago area native, that's like renaming the Sears Tower, or Marshall Fields, or Comiskey Park, and God forbid someone trying to rename Wrigley field. You can call them what you want now. But they will always be those original iconic names. And this comes from a Ford guy.

-Tim

TV: 2015 F-150 XLT Crew Cab 3.5L Eco 4x4 Max Tow
TT: 2017 26BB
SB: Catalina 22
NoodlesWIU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:53 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

You know what they say"
If you can't Dodge it,
Ram it.

2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 4X4
rv-rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:00 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

I saw the 2019!

I saw the new RAM on transport trailer in Stoughton Wisconsin. The driver was dropping off a few Jeeps at the local dealership but not the RAM. It was a thing of beauty; bright white covered in chrome with a redesigned front end. The semi Drive was a Chevy Truck guy until he drove the new 2019. My only concern is the new Cumins engine block: compressed graphite composite. I want one!!
Kamper Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:06 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

Ranchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceallenk View Post
Something we noticed this year attending quite a few different Rodeo's around the province was that all the cowboys pull there trailers with a Ford or a Ram. Only one time did we spot a Chevy. Now we pull our trailer with a Chev and we don't have to worry about tearing the hitch off when you nail it with the 5.3L. but they tell me it's just a 327ci which has always been a good engine, just small..with more gears in the tranny unfortunately our 2010 only has a 6 speed and the newer now have 8. But my point is I'm sure there's good reason for them all using Ford and Ram as there hauling big trailers loaded with livestock and tack, but undoubtedly also diesel.. Just thought it was worth mention, and the Ram pictured above does look very sharp...
I’ve noticed the same. The ranchers I have spoken with prefer the RAM due to it’s transmission. Those standard trannys are hard to beat.
Kamper Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:59 PM   #13
Seasonal Camper

I've got a friend that is a salesman at a GMC/Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership. When it comes to trucks, he'll ask you what your going to do with it. If you indicate towing or farming, he won't sell you a Ram pickup with an automatic. They have way too many coming back in busted, particularly from farming operations.

His preference and recommendation is the Chevy/GMC 3500 6.6TD with the Allisons or the Ram diesel with the standard trans.

The other thing that I find interesting is that the guys that do RV transport, particularly in northern Indiana (site to side at the manufacturer's) are all driving Ram diesels with the standard. The other guys doing road delivery is a mixed bag. One guy we know personally that did that had his trans modified with a pull kit before he ever started delivering
2021 Alliance Paradigm 365RD
WoodcarvingGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:18 PM   #14
Seasonal Camper

Rumor has it 2019 will be the last year for the manual tranny in Ram pickups.
2011 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 CTD
4kids2dogs&RV is offline   Reply With Quote