Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Ok so which one should I get?

I ave no clue and am wondering which is a better product.

I talked to the girl at Equa-Flex today and she said they no longer use thick shackles for the setup they have, it is just stock thickness shackles. She said that when Lippert bought them they went to a standard sized shackle not the 1/2" thick ones. Also Equa-flex rubber is hidden from the elements, a good thing but can also be a bad thing as you cant see if the rubber has worn out or has excessive cracking in the rubber itself? The equa flex is around $210.00 from Tweey's, and then another $49.00 for the wet bolt kit too for a total of around $260.00 (free shipping)

Now on the EZ flex, the shackles are 1/2" thick but the rubber is exposed to the elemnts but is easy to see if it has cracking or is worn out or any other issues. But it is subject to the elements. The Ez flex is also on sale right now for $149.00+ $10.50 for shipping,and that looks likethe EZ flexincludes the wetbolt kit with it already.

Also I was wondering, the EZ flex will lower my TT 1" it says on the Dexter site. Anyone know if the same will happen with the Equa flex? I am assuming that it may as they are kind of the same concept?

Now is the Equa flex worth the extra $100.00 to get or what....Im so confused!!

What are all your guys thoughts, has anyone had experience with both kits on different RV's, and if so did you notice a $100.00 difference?

Brian

Edited by: fixit5561

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
New Camper

I just installed a Dexter EZ-flex system on my Crossroads CF29CK a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if it was really all that necessary as the trailer already had shocks but I wanted to do a wet bolt kit anyway.

I haven't had a chance to drive a long distance since the susphension system was installed. I just went with the EZ-flex as I thought being able to observe if the rubber deteriorates was a good point. I think either system is fine but the lower price of

$167.00 delivered for the EZ-flex was also a good point.
brandyspaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

With the beating Lippert is taking on other forums for their frame issues and the statement below I would lean towards the EZ Flex system.

"She said that when Lippert bought them they went to a standard sized shackle not the 1/2" thick ones."
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:07 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Same here, thats why I was also leaning towards the EZ flex.

But now I cant even think about using them and have to go with the equaflex. The reason is, there is only 2" clearance between the wheel well and the top of the tire. So lowering the TT 1" (the EZ flex kit I have to use will lower the TT 1") is definitely a no go. Unless of course I want to fix holes in the floor! !

Edited by: fixit5561

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:52 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

I have had both. The Dexter on my CF29RL and the Equa-Flex now on my CF30SK Patriot. Can't tell a nickels worth of difference on the back end, but the Roto-Flex hitch makes the ride in the truck tons better.

Get both

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:12 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I agree with BipeFlier, have had two Cruisers with Equa-Flex, but the Roto-Flex pin box makes a big difference in the ride in the truck.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote