Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

I just bought a 18K PullRite SuperGlilde hitch for industry standard rails from my neighbor. Just wondering if there's anyway to adjust the height on this hitch it seems to sit up 5 to 6 inches higher. I haven't had a chance to hook it up to the 5ver yet because its in the shop.

This was a 2 year old hitch I bought it for $500.00, you guys think I got a decent deal on it?

Thanks for any info

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:02 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhauler
Â*I just bought a 18K PullRite SuperGlilde hitch for industry standard rails from my neighbor. Just wondering if there's anyway to adjust the height on this hitch it seems to sit up 5 to 6 inches higher. I haven't had a chance to hook it up to the 5ver yet because its in the shop.Â*

Â*This was a 2 year old hitch I bought it for $500.00, you guys think I got a decent deal on it?

Thanks for any info
Chris
To answer your last question: No you did NOT get a good deal on the pull rite hitch

YOU STOLE THAT BAD BOY
I paid $2,500 for my 14K Pull Rite

As to the question about the 5er not sitting level. I think you are going to have to ajust the PIN BOX to rectify that.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:39 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Check the PullRite website. I think they have an adapter that raises the whole hitch 2 inches.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWildWest
Check the PullRite website. I think they have an adapter that raises the whole hitch 2 inches.
Scott
I think Chris is saying the hitch sits up too high

In God We Trust
Old 09-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Yep. I read that wrong. From what I understood from others who had a PukkRite they sometimes sit low.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWildWest
Yep. I read that wrong. From what I understood from others who had a PukkRite they sometimes sit low.
I called PullRite and they sent me brackets that lowered the hitch an inch in a half. the hitch plate was sitting right even with my bed rails my last hitch prolly sat 4 to 5 inches lower then my bed rails. So Im hoping with the brackets I'll be close, I might still have to lower my pin box though.

2015stats:
Old 09-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT
Quote:
I just bought a 18K PullRite SuperGlilde hitch for industry standard rails from my neighbor. Just wondering if there's anyway to adjust the height on this hitch it seems to sit up 5 to 6 inches higher. I haven't had a chance to hook it up to the 5ver yet because its in the shop.

This was a 2 year old hitch I bought it for $500.00, you guys think I got a decent deal on it?

Thanks for any info
Chris
To answer your last question: No you did NOT get a good deal on the pull rite hitch

YOU STOLE THAT BAD BOY
I paid $2,500 for my 14K Pull Rite

As to the question about the 5er not sitting level. I think you are going to have to ajust the PIN BOX to rectify that.
Tommy, glad to hear I did get a good deal, but now I kinda feel bad, maybe I should give him more money. He was asking a $1000 dollars for it and has had it for sale since about a year ago. When my hitch broke it was going to cost 500 bucks to replace the head of the hitch so I told my neighbor if he wanted to take 500 bucks for his PullRite I would buy it He has been bugging me about buying it from him. He said he just wanted it out of his garage.

2015stats:
Old 09-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Tommy, glad to hear I did get a good deal, but now I kinda feel bad, maybe I should give him more money. He was asking a $1000 dollars for it and has had it for sale since about a year ago. When my hitch broke it was going to cost 500 bucks to replace the head of the hitch so I told my neighbor if he wanted to take 500 bucks for his PullRite I would buy it He has been buggingÂ* me about buying it from him. He said he just wanted it out of his garage.
Chris
Here is the way I see it. Your neighbor's asking price was $1,000. He probably started high as most of us do, and was probably more than willing to take the $500. As he stated he wanted to get it out of his garage. So enjoy the Pull-Rite and chaulk it up to good luck, as I remember you had some BAD LUCK with a different neighbor---Right!!

In God We Trust
Old 09-29-2013, 02:40 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT
Quote:
Tommy, glad to hear I did get a good deal, but now I kinda feel bad, maybe I should give him more money. He was asking a $1000 dollars for it and has had it for sale since about a year ago. When my hitch broke it was going to cost 500 bucks to replace the head of the hitch so I told my neighbor if he wanted to take 500 bucks for his PullRite I would buy it He has been bugging me about buying it from him. He said he just wanted it out of his garage.
Chris
Here is the way I see it. Your neighbor's asking price was $1,000. He probably started high as most of us do, and was probably more than willing to take the $500. As he stated he wanted to get it out of his garage. So enjoy the Pull-Rite and chaulk it up to good luck, as I remember you had some BAD LUCK with a different neighbor---Right!!
Tom,
Good point about the neighbor, Its kinda funny I haven't seen the mean neighbor out since the 5ver incident.

2015stats:
Old 09-29-2013, 03:08 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Tom,
Â*Good point about the neighbor, Its kinda funny I haven't seen the mean neighbor out since the 5ver incident.

Chris
That could be a GOOD thing. If it were me I think I would be very tempted to take it to a physical level That guy could have killed someone. Edited by: sleepyT

In God We Trust
Old 10-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

I finally got the truck and camper back. I got to try out the new to me PullRite hitch. I ended up with 7.5 inch gap between the bed rails and the bottom of the 5ver. It sits a little high, but the pin box is as low as it goes, Ill have to live with it being a little noise high. I think I will really like the hitch though.

2015stats: