Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Just finished installing the Hitch and I have a few questions.

1. it sits a bit lower than my old hitch, enough so that I am concerned it may drag or hit something....
2. answering this may answer question 1, how much tension can be on the bars? Can I tension them enough to raise the rig a few inches?
3. Since I have the 4 inch bar ( I believe) can I just flip it over and have it raise instead of lower?

Anyone with this hitch have any answers? I would greatly appreciate it!

Z1 owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I always have to tighten my bars all the way. I would not see a problem with turning over the hitch bar. I would try and adjust it so the back of your TV is good.

Good Luck

2009 CT31RL

2016 Chevrolet 2500HD High Country

Hensley Hitch
ajlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

If you bought the hitch from Hensley, they have an exchange program for the draw bars. Give them a call and they will help you. The nose of my trailer sits a little high when hitched and it pulls just fine.

Hensley Arrow
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I took out over the weekend and aside from it sitting so low I felt the tiniest bit of sway which I am contributing to a loose strut when I had to brake hard becuase of an idiot with no respect for people towing large trailers. and that the spring bars weren't taking enough of the weight off the rear of the TV. I spoke to Henlsey today and they are sending me out the straight bar which seems to be the logical choice concidering how low the TT and TV sit when no tension is applied to the spring bars. (hits the ground) so, we'll see how it goes when the new bar comes in and I do a test run. My Families Florida trip is coming up very soon and I have to tow this 271bh from Jersey to Florida so I want everythjing tested multiple times and tuned just right before the trip.
Z1 owner is offline   Reply With Quote