Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2018, 03:37 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hensley versus ProPride

Can anyone tell me, who has purchased either the ProPride or Hensley, why they chose one over the other? Assuming you compared them. They seem to be so close in technology and reviews- is it always just the price?
BLtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:54 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Hensley versus ProPride

I have a P3. Price for us was deciding factor to purchase. The support from them has been phenomenal. I had concerns on installing myself and called them with questions since I was taking on the project on a Saturday. The owner of the company gave me his personal cell and said call him if I got stuck.

Not sure your getting that with the Hensley folks. Maybe but doubt it.

It’s been 6 years and I still ring him from time to Time. Great people over there.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:51 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I too got a Propride when I got my first large TT... performed flawlessly - and sold it for a fair price when I changed RV's
Old 06-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #4
New Camper

Propride has allowed me to tow sunset trail reserve 32rl with 1/2 ton. I live in Canada and drove to Sarasota Florida using the Propride. Performed beyond expectations; made an anticipated white knuckle journey into an enjoyable adventure.

Sean is the owner and his customer service blows the competition away. Buy Propride and have zero regrets. Awesome product and customer service to match
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #5
New Camper

Hensley pride

My Wife was anxious with every shift with the travel trailer as we towed. I looked at both the the Hensley and the Pro Pride. I chose the original over the remake. I have the Swift Arrow by Hensley and encouraged my son to the get the Arrow Swift Cub. We are both amazed and thankful of the added control of these hitches. We have had excellent support from Hensley and are happy with our hitches and the added control they provide. I saved money by getting a refurbished hitch. I have no experience with pro pride yet joined the air stream forum and from their reviews chose the Hensley products!
wardsheffield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I had the Hensley Arrow that I bought used. It performed well no matter how windy it got but the only drawback I had was if I was on a site that had a steep grade you had to play w/ the angle of the hitch to release weight off the stinger so you could pull your truck out from the hitch.
kginder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:27 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I have the Hensley as well, bought used. I just took it off yesterday after noticing I bent a strut bar. Not sure how that happened, but I suspect I just turned my trailer around a little too tight in my cul-de-sac bc I heard a loud pop.

I found it used for $350 from a guy that worked at a dealer, and since he made the mistake of telling me it was given to him by a tech, I negotiated from $600. However, I am still searching for a used PP. They are simply better. More adjustments and easier to hitch up than the hensley. I rent my trailer, so height adjustment is really important, and Im getting tired of taking off the Hensley when I rent to a guy with a 4x4 heavy duty truck, and putting my equalizer back on.
RV Whisperer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hensley, hitch, propride, trailering