Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

My New Dodge

Jim, Jean-

I pulled the trigger yesterday and am now the proud new owner of a RAM 2500 HD Laramie. Purchased from an old Denver friend John Elway motors in Greeley, CO. Took Joyce for her first ride this morning and she was duly impressed with the power of the Cummins and the quality of the ride. Said it rode better than the Tundra. This unit has the new 5 link rear coil suspension rather than leaf springs. When I asked about the air suspension they said it was not available yet and no real hard detail was available. Somewhere in documention I read it stated that it was a "class-exclusive rear air suspension with load leveling capability (late availability)." My dealer said I could add air bags to achieve the same thing but RAM would offer it as a factory installed/warranted option. I'm very anxious to try my first tow...coming up next month to AZ/CA. Merry Christmas (early) to me .

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Good for you best of luck such a great feeling a "New" truck congratulations.
Go Well.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Thank you for the update. Larry now has me checking it out as he became very interested when he read what you wife said about the ride. We think the Tundra rides great so it will be interesting to compare.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
BODERRVING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I think the new truck needs to come to Louisiana in Feb. Welcome to the world of HD trucks
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #5
Site Team

Sounds like nice truck Russ. Congratulations!!
Purchased with the thoughts of a new camper in the future I'll bet.
Pictures are in order.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Thanks everybody!

Frank-
Really wish we could make Louisiana in Feb. Having experienced the Crawfish Festival in Breau Bridge a year ago last May we have a strong appreciation for the food and the music. However, I've planned my annual mid-winter solo trip with reservations in Tucson and Borrego Springs, CA in late Jan. and most of Feb. Have stocked enough fuel for Joyce's snowblower to last thru that time. She's out "playing with it" as I write this.

Lloyd-

Yes, you broke the code. We'll be at the Denver RV show Jan. 8th with the intent to spend a lot of time looking at the world of 5ers there. It's a process.

Pics of the truck are on the list once I clean it up from 150 miles of wet roads. It snowed last night so it won't be today. Can't wash it at the house. Also on the list is changing my sig once it's clean.

Breckenridge, CO
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
Old 12-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Congratulations Russ and welcome to Dodge. I have had a 2010, 2012 and now have a 2013 and have seen improvements with each. integrated brakes have been the most improved. I like you have several trailers settings and you chose the one your using and it goes to that setting, also like it keeps your mileage for that trailer. I know you will really enjoy it. mine has 3.42 gears and my empty mpg has gone up to 17 and 11 towing its a 3500 drw.
2008 Club Cart Precedent
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...olfcart2-1.jpg
Cajun TBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the new ride, I have always been a RAM guy and I love my 2011 RAM 2500 CTD. I hope you like yours as much as I do mine.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastn View Post
Jim, Jean-

I pulled the trigger yesterday and am now the proud new owner of a RAM 2500 HD Laramie. Purchased from an old Denver friend John Elway motors in Greeley, CO. Took Joyce for her first ride this morning and she was duly impressed with the power of the Cummins and the quality of the ride. Said it rode better than the Tundra. This unit has the new 5 link rear coil suspension rather than leaf springs. When I asked about the air suspension they said it was not available yet and no real hard detail was available. Somewhere in documention I read it stated that it was a "class-exclusive rear air suspension with load leveling capability (late availability)." My dealer said I could add air bags to achieve the same thing but RAM would offer it as a factory installed/warranted option. I'm very anxious to try my first tow...coming up next month to AZ/CA. Merry Christmas (early) to me .
I will be real interested in your thoughts once you get back after the first time you hook up to your trailer and head out.

Now that you graduated from a car with a bed to a towing machine.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #10
Site Team

Pictures?????
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

No pictures 'til cleaned up. Car wash is 6 miles away often closed due to freezing weather...constant slushy/road grit roads...exercise in futility to make the effort. Here sits a new truck in the garage where you can't see any chrome or shine because of the dirt on it. It's killin' me! May have to wait to clean it up 'til I take it to AZ (land of clean cars) in 25 days. Did install new Weathertech floor liners and Access Lorado tonneau cover on Christmas day..thank you, Joyce. Keep the faith, Lloyd...I'll get 'er done.

Breckenridge, CO
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD