Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2017, 01:34 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

New Goodyear "Endurance" ST Tires

Ever since I joined this forum about a year ago, I've seen a lot of discussion about ST tires from China. That's what's on my trailer right now, and though I've not had an issue to date, I'm guessing they are 3 years old anyway.

So yesterday I took the plunge and ordered 4 new Tires, the Endurance ST Trailer Tire, made here in the USA. I will have them installed on Tuesday.

Has anyone else gotten these tires yet? I know they have only been available for a short while, but was looking for feedback from others in how they like them so far...
"Life is what happens while you're busy making plans"
smw57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Got them on our 240bh a few months ago and love them so far. Solid tire thats rated for 87 mph not that I would ever pull a trailer that fast but rig was rock solid at 70 on the way back to WNC from the beach last month.

.... Everyday is a good day for Camping....
Poppabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:34 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

My trailer is at the shop right now getting a few items taken care of as well as having these installed. Got about 7000 miles and 6 years out of the original Akuret shoes, so I consider myself fortunate! I do use a TPMS (TST 507), so I always kept a watchful eye on pressure and temps, especially on the runs to the southern climes!! While they're putting on the new tires I'm also having them put on metal stems to better support the TPMS caps. Looking forward to stepping up from a Load Range C > D and a higher speed rating, not that I plan on necessarily going heavier or faster, but the Akurets were only rated for 65 mph which left very little headroom and thus not a ton of confidence on the superslab!!
Prev.: '05 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Quadrasteer
CenterLine HD (original)
1 wife, 5 kids, 1 rescue lab-mix
FezUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:42 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Fez, make sure you have the new tires balanced. Some will scoff, and say that trailer tires don't need to be balanced. I worked in a shop, and saw them do it. Without the balancing weights, the tires/wheels shook like crazy. I'm convinced that unbalanced tires lead to some of the tire/wheel/axle horror stories we see here.
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I don't have any experience with the Goodyear's, but I double what Marty said, I just put new Dexter wheels and new tires on our Zinger this spring, I had them balanced, I was amazed at the weights they had to use to get a couple of them to be balanced. I was glad I did it as I can only image the kind of shaking and wear and tear wheels this unbalanced would have caused. Not sure, maybe I should have bought better wheels, but at least I know now that an out of balance wheel is not going to cause any issues.

Me and the 'Girls'
Jim, Kristina, Brianna, Kailee, Emma, Nalee the dog and Scout the cat
(even the dog and cat are girls)
Vermtown Zinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:34 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I had the Endurance tires put on this year. Have a tpms. Also had them balanced. Just made a trip from NH to the Outer Banks. Got .7 mpg more on these versus the Lions Head China bombs that came on the rig when I bought it. Happy so far.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:09 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

After our blow out a couple weeks ago, we replaced our china bombs with these, had them balanced and installed TPMS. We've had one trip since and I can drastically tell a difference just in the tracking.

-Tim

TV: 2015 F-150 XLT Crew Cab 3.5L Eco 4x4 Max Tow
TT: 2017 26BB
SB: Catalina 22
NoodlesWIU is offline   Reply With Quote