Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Sway Pro

I have been using an old EZ Lift wd hitch with the trunion bars and chains and separate friction sway bars for several years. This system works very well but it is noisy and I have to loosen the sway bars when backing in, plus more pieces to deal with. Has anyone used or is anyone using the Sway Pro from Blue Ox? I would like to hear about your experience with this set up. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:10 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

No but, I did just setup the EZ lift Recurve R6 which has inverted bent bars, and built in sway control that disengages automatically after 10 degrees, so low speed turns or backing up there is no loud noises. And only 6 bolts to put together. Worth a look in my opinion!

-Tim

TV: 2015 F-150 XLT Crew Cab 3.5L Eco 4x4 Max Tow
TT: 2017 26BB
SB: Catalina 22
NoodlesWIU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:33 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by twaynedaniel View Post
I have been using an old EZ Lift wd hitch with the trunion bars and chains and separate friction sway bars for several years. This system works very well but it is noisy and I have to loosen the sway bars when backing in, plus more pieces to deal with. Has anyone used or is anyone using the Sway Pro from Blue Ox? I would like to hear about your experience with this set up. Thanks.
We tow our 240BH using a Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch with 1,000lb bars and it works great! Very easy to hook up and I never have to unhook the spring bars when backing up. Plus you never grease the bars directly so they stay nice and clean when disconnected. Not having to stop to unhook the bars or friction sway controls when backing up is nice. In fact because there is nowhere to turn around and we live at the end of our road I have to back up about 1/4 mile with several turns and our driveway is super steep and i've never had a problem with the hitch and never unhook the bars until we disconnect the truck from the trailer. Never have had a problem with trailer sway either. We do get pulled over a little towards passing semi trucks, but the whole rig always stays straight and true. I think about the only thing better than a blue ox would be a hensley or pro pride. but I didn't want to drop 2k+ on a hitch

.... Everyday is a good day for Camping....
Poppabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:28 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I used a Hensley for 4 years with my 36' tt,with no problems it made backing up a piece of cake. Hensley will give you a $1000 trade- in if you decide to go to a fifth wheel on one of there fifth wheel hitchs.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:08 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks Tim. Have you used it yet? I would like to hear from you after you've had some towing experience with the Recurve.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:11 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thanks James. I couldn't justify 2k for a hitch either.