Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

Hmmm, didn't know there was a reprogram on the ford !!!

Knew our audi's had it, but will have to look up the info in the manual now !!!

Thanks !

You're only an hour and a half away - come on by and reset it for me -
Ole' buddy, Ole' Pal

found the code to the space shuttle :
System reset tips:
To reduce the chances of interference from another vehicle, the system reset procedure should be performed at least three feet
(one meter) away from another Ford Motor Company vehicle undergoing the system reset procedure at the same time.
Do not wait more than two minutes between resetting each tire sensor or the system will time-out and the entire procedure will have
to be repeated on all four wheels.
A double horn chirp indicates the need to repeat the procedure

Read the entire procedure before attempting.
1. Drive the vehicle above 20 mph (32 km/h) for at least two minutes and then park in a safe location where you can easily get to all four tires and have access to an air pump.

2. Place the ignition in the off position and keep the key in the ignition.

3. Cycle the ignition to the on position with the engine off.

4. Turn the hazard flashers on then off three times. This must be accomplished within 10 seconds.
If the reset mode has been entered successfully, the horn will sound once, the system indicator will flash and a message is shown in
the information display (if equipped). If this does not occur, please try again starting at Step 2.
If after repeated attempts to enter the reset mode, the horn does not sound, the system indicator does not flash and no message is
shown in the information display (if equipped), seek service from your authorized dealer.

5. Note: Train the tire pressure monitoring system sensors in the tires using the following system reset sequence starting with the left front tire in the following clockwise order:
Left front (Driver’s side front tire)
Right front (Passenger’s side front tire)
Right rear (Passenger’s side rear tire)
Left rear (Driver’s side rear tire)
6. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem on the left front tire; decrease the air pressure until the horn sounds.
Note: The single horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been learned by the module for this position.
If a double horn is heard, the reset procedure was unsuccessful, and must be repeated.
7. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem on the right front tire decrease the air pressure until the horn sounds.
8. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem on the right rear tire decrease the air pressure until the horn sounds.
9. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem on the left rear tire decrease the air pressure until the horn sounds.

Training is complete after the horn sounds for the last tire trained (driver’s side rear tire), the system indicator stops flashing, and a
message is shown in the information display (if equipped).
10. Turn the ignition off. If two short horn beeps are heard, the reset procedure was unsuccessful and must be repeated.
If after repeating the procedure and two short beeps are heard when the ignition is turned to off,
seek assistance from your authorized dealer.
11. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure as indicated on the Safety Compliance Certification Label
(affixed to either the door hinge pillar, door-latch post, or the door edge that meets the door-latch post, next to the driver’s seating
position) or Tire Label located on the B-Pillar or the edge of the driver’s door. See Load Carrying for more information.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #22
Full Time Camper

The manual doesn't say anything about it. The dealer told me that. The F350 SRW's came with the programmer. I haven't tried what he said yet, traveling. Be back in Aug, sometime...
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #23
Site Team

The manual for my truck states the same info as johnboytoo posted.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #24
Seasonal Camper

Well I picked up my new truck today and I'm all smiles. The ride is great on the hwy I managed 21.3mpg on the flat drive home and oh baby the torque!

Only one issue so far and that the shifting, it's pretty aggressive at times is this normal? Sometimes it's smooth other times it's abrupt. Can't wait to get my trailer tomorrow afternoon and take it for a test pull.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #25
Full Time Camper

Congrats !
but, a warning, the mpg will NEVER be that good again,
because it will turn into an appliance that you will ring out from now on

as a 2011, presume pre-owned,
so you might register at https://owner.ford.com with your vin # to see what maint. has been entered and what recalls / tsb could be applied.

IIRC, over at the Ford trucks forum, there was mention of some updates to the tranny programming....

good luck with it !
Old 07-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #26
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopers_dad View Post
Well I picked up my new truck today and I'm all smiles. The ride is great on the hwy I managed 21.3mpg on the flat drive home and oh baby the torque!

Only one issue so far and that the shifting, it's pretty aggressive at times is this normal? Sometimes it's smooth other times it's abrupt. Can't wait to get my trailer tomorrow afternoon and take it for a test pull.
If the dealer disconnected the battery recently (or previous owner), the transmission will go through a relearn process. It should smooth out over time, but you will sometimes get a hard shift from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 under hard acceleration - hard to keep your foot out of it with that power! Sometimes more noticeable in Tow/Haul mode. Confirm you have the latest updates with Ford, you'd be surprised how lazy dealers are on checking this.

If it doesn't improve over the next several weeks of driving or if it seems to get worse, it is possible a shift solenoid needs replacing but don't jump to this conclusion as the problem, because this is something that only affects a very small number of vehicles, not a rampant problem. The shifts are relatively tight and the TC locks quickly in order to keep power to the wheels under acceleration.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote