Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2016, 06:27 PM   #1
Site Team

tires

[QUOTE=mark5w;115169
By the way, very hard not to get an ST tire not made in China. I believe 99% are made in China, including Goodyear Marathons.[/QUOTE]

The last set of Goodyear Marathons I had on the trailer were made in the good old USA. It was stamped on the sidewall.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #2
Site Team

Lloyd, they transferred the plant to China. Only USA Goodyears left are those still in a warehouse and they are a few years old by now.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:31 AM   #3
Site Team

Can't say that I agree with that Mark.

Where Are Your Tires Made? - Consumer Reports
Old 07-11-2016, 06:42 AM   #4
Site Team

Manufacturing and Development Facilities

Location DOT Plant Code[41] Product/Activity[42] Akron, Ohio, USA MB Global headquarters, North America headquarters, Goodyear Dunlop Tires North America headquarters, innovation center, racing tires, chemicals, tire proving grounds, airship operations Danville, Virginia, USA MC Aircraft tires, commercial tires Gadsden, Alabama, USA MD Consumer tires Lawton, Oklahoma, USA M6 Consumer Tires Topeka, Kansas, USA MJ Commercial tires, OTR tires Hebron, Ohio, USA P1 Research & Development[43] Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA PJ Passenger Car Tires Tyler, Texas, USA PL Passenger Car Tires; closed in 2006[44] Tonawanda, New York, USA DA Passenger Car Tires, Motorcycle Tires Bayport, Texas, USA
Chemicals Beaumont, Texas, USA
Synthetic Rubber Houston, Texas, USA
Synthetic Rubber Niagara Falls, New York, USA
Chemicals Statesville, North Carolina, USA
Tire Molds Social Circle, Georgia, USA
Tread Rubber Napanee, Ontario, Canada 4B Passenger Car Tires Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada PC Consumer tires Valencia, Venezuela PB Consumer tires, commercial tires São Paulo, Brazil MX Latin America headquarters, aircraft tires, aircraft tire retreading Americana, Brazil Y1 Tire proving grounds, consumer tires, commercial tires, OTR tires Lima, Peru NT Consumer tires, commercial tires Philippsburg, Germany ND High Performance Passenger Car Tires, Winter Tires Bangkok, Thailand NY Consumer tires, aircraft tires, aircraft retreading Pulandian, China TC Consumer tires, commercial tires Santiago, Chile M7 Consumer tires Cali, Colombia MY Commercial tires, OTR tires Amiens, France NC Consumer tires Waluj, India 1W
Gurgaon, India NK
Adapazarı, Turkey CO Consumer tires İzmit, Turkey PA Commercial tires, agricultural tires Selangor, Malaysia T8
Luxembourg, Luxembourg KM Goodyear Innovation center Luxembourg (GIC*L), regional calendering center, commercial tires, OTR tires, tire proving grounds, tire molds, Tire Plant Luxembourg, Luxembourg NJ
Taipei, Taiwan L1
Shahekou, China 7L
Uitenhage, South Africa NW Consumer tires, commercial tires, agricultural tires, OTR tires Bogor, Indonesia NL
Wolverhampton, England NB Mixing center, retreading - This site has now begun to cease operations and will be completely closed by 2017.[45
Old 07-11-2016, 07:44 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

The Marathons I bought last year were made in China.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:47 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russb View Post
The Marathons I bought last year were made in China.
A lot of them are, but not all.
When I bought the set I had, I told my dealer they had to be made in the USA. He said no problem, and they were.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:53 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
A lot of them are, but not all.
When I bought the set I had, I told my dealer they had to be made in the USA. He said no problem, and they were.
It would be interesting to check the date stamp on that set of tires if you still have them?
2009 F-150XLT
Old 07-11-2016, 07:58 AM   #8
Site Team

The list you shown are for non ST tires. Almost all ST are made in China.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:34 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

that was another reason I changed to LT tires on the 5'ers after two ruined vacations on the ST's
Old 07-11-2016, 09:00 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russb View Post
It would be interesting to check the date stamp on that set of tires if you still have them?

It was longer ago then what I remembered. (My how time goes)
Date of manufacture was another important requirement when I got them. They had to be new.

When I switched over to LT'sI kept the spare, rather then kick out for another tire that just hung under the camper since we have owned it. It's close enough in size to limp im with if needed.

Just went out and snapped a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1601.jpg (126.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 07-11-2016, 09:11 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
The list you shown are for non ST tires. Almost all ST are made in China.

Just got off the phone with Dan (Goodyear dealer) He confirmed that all Marathons are now made in China.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

I was unable to find 15" LT tires with a comparable load rating as the ST tires and didn't want to switch to 16". ST225/75R15, load D 2540lbs. Anyone found LT tires to match these?
2009 F-150XLT