Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
Site Team

Just purchased a 2013 F150 4x4 SCREW. Does anyone use a Roadmaster
active suspension? I you do does it live up to it's hype and does it
prevent the truck from rear sag? Is it as good or better than air bags.
I'm told bJust purchased a 2013 F150 4x4 SCREW. Does anyone use a Roadmaster
active suspension? I you do does it live up to it's hype and does it
prevent the truck from rear sag? Is it as good or better than air bags.
I'm told by both Firestone and Air Lift that I cannot mount their bags
with the Pull Rite super slide hitch with super rails.

Any other options for rear end support.< ="text/" id="_tmpl"><div id="<%= Id %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= Left %>; top: <%= Top %>; width: <%= Width %>; height: <%= Height %>">Edited by: mark5w

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
Site Team

I was told the same thing about Firestone airbags. I was going to get a set of Timbrens, but decided to wait and see how much sag I got when I set the 5er down on the truck. Only went down 2--21/2 in. So right at this point I don't think I will do anything to the suspension. I did find out that Timbren has a softer one also. I question them on the harshness of the ride if I had a few hundred # in the back and they said if you don't like/need the normal ones that I could get a softer one. Just contact them (the factory).
Here's a link for some info on them.
http://www.truckspring.com/suspension-parts/load-support/fixed-load-support.aspx
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Did you ever get the Roadmaster Active Suspension mounted. I have a 2011 F250.Iwill be towing a 5th wheel and I'm concidering going with them. I have checked around about getting 2 more leaf springs added also. Just want to hear some imput on what the best way to go. Thanks
RVCRUISER34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Mark, I have the firestone ride right air bags on my F-350 .
I regularly Pull trailers up to 15,000 LB with no problems.
This truck is a 2010 and has 154,000 miles and the air bags have been on since day one. Are you looking at the Ride Rite or their lesser rated unit?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #5
Site Team

I have not mounted the Roadmaster Active Suspension yet. Was away on some trips did not have time. Like I said the airbags will not fit my truck with the Pullrite superslide. Will try to mount them in the next few weeks.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 05-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w
I have not mounted the Roadmaster Active Suspension yet. Was away on some trips did not have time. Like I said the airbags will not fit my truck with the Pullrite superslide. Will try to mount them in the next few weeks.
Mark, when you get the suspension installed would you let me know just what it does for you. I only sag about 2--21/2 in. so don't really know if need it o rnot.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
Site Team

I currently sag about 2 1/2 inches also. So it will be interesting to see what it does for the truck. So far towing with the f150 has been great. Trip I got back on today (around 225 miles round trip) I got 11.9 mpg. That was on some back country roads in the Lancaster area. Good enough for me.