Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2016, 09:28 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Got the RTZ31SB home

Had a buddy come with, we drove 2630 miles in 4 days. Long driving day, half day, walk through/picked it up on Friday AM, then a long day and another half day to get home. Long rough trip to minimize days off and get the best deal.

Firstly, I love my truck. It ran great. And when we got the camper loaded, it was a bit of an adjustment to swing wider than I am used to during turns. But I could barely tell the TT was back there. Most of the trip was I80, but getting up to speed and slowing down, no issues at all.

After walk through and then going through it here at home to start loading, love it. We purchased it based on pictures, reviews, etc. I couldn't find a new reZerve to actually touch, but I am VERY happy with the quality of fit and finish and the appearance of the unit. It has much more storage than the pictures indicated. And some of the little features are nice (drawer vs door under dinette seats).

We have loading to do, and a number of mods, but hope to get a trial run in two weeks.

But the honeymoon period is off to a great start.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:49 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

One thing that I am not overly happy with was that at time of purchase, I had a number of conversations about solar, battery life etc, and went ahead and purchased a generator since many places we will go don't have hookups. On the way home, we stopped and slept for a couple hours. It was cold out, so we had to run the heater on propane. About 4 hours into the night, the furnace went out because the battery ran down after a half night of use. I reached out to the dealer the next day and the response was "Oh yeah, the battery you have is basic, its not meant for that kind of use". That kind of use... you mean getting home? I was pretty unhappy about the whole conversation and then sending us on our way to be left in the cold. I was already planning on the upgrade, they lost a pretty simple sale of a second battery or converting to a 6V setup.

I also got two keys. One is for the front door, one is the rear, so it turns out I have no spares. Have to reach out to the dealer on that. Both are a dealer issue and not a manufacturer issue.

Have a lot to learn about it though, backing up a camper this long is definitely a new experience. As well as the process of planning out stops.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:07 PM   #3
Site Team

Good luck with your new Rv and welcome to our forum. I'm sure you'll get down the backing up of a longer trailer. Practice makes perfect.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:34 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Mark, yes on backing, time and practice. I also need to reevaluate my mirrors cause the back of the camper disappears real quick.

And cause people like pictures.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:52 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Why do you not just flip up the mirrors if it is the ram mirrors they will flip up in the vertical position
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

For backing up I tried, I still couldn't see the rear corner of the camper (but I admit I didn't sit there and adjust the mirrors). For regular driving, I prefer them down.