Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2016, 09:08 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Water in window frame

Had a big storm last night with hail. Woke me up from a dead sleep. Was hailing and pouring down rain. After it was done I went out to find some water in the track of the slider windows. Is that normally what happens? This was the first time it has seen rain. Just looking for you thoughts. It has to go back to have the awning arms fixed. It came with the wrong arms. So I could point it out to the tech.

Thanks Zack
Old 05-02-2016, 09:16 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Take a look at your window frame if there like mine the have weep holes for the water to drain off the moisture off the window you may get on the inside, so yes you may get some water in there if it was a heavy rain i have.
ridgerunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:26 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I just talked to the dealer and they want to see it real soon. They didn't like that. I hope nothing major is a wrong with it.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:55 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

During a storm this last weekend I noticed water coming from behind the rear side window frame on my 2013 Cruiser Aire 5th wheel. It was a stream an inch wide, luckily my camper tilt was slightly higher in the rear. The water hit the floor and drained under the slide out.
I found the rear panel that makes the transition from the roof vinyl and curves down to the rear. the trim cover the panel and side panel had become separated and from the trim. Left about a quarter inch gap. Water running off the roof towards the back found it of course. Hope I explained that right, it was pretty obvious when you got up to it.
The seam between the trim and panel had been previously sealed with silicone. I purchased the best exterior silicone caulk, I could find from Home Depot. Prepped and resealed both sides. I resealed the tops of all the lights and whatever else with the rest of the caulk.
Thanks god the water did not pool in the back of the camper and ran out the bottom of the slide.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:17 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

We purchased a used trailer this fall and something I did as a first timer, preventive medicine maintenance is I pulled out all the windows and took the air hose and blew out the tracks and seep holes. Something that only took a few minutes and might be a good addition to the annual maintenance list. After I was done the windows opened with ease, no sticking, and I can only imagine just like new.