Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2015, 05:26 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

MyRV Linc Pad Experience

Just picked up my new Carriage 2016 38SB, and not to disappoint me in dealer prep work, the android tablet does not recognize any monitors, even when the tablet is docked.

Hoping to fix it myself, I found the WiFi extender but not the hub. Anyone have any experience with this technology? I will be bringing it back to the dealer in a couple of weeks after I finish the inaugural first camping trip.

BTW, this carriage comes with a safe....another point missed during the walk through. No user manual and missing keys. I'm sure they are inside the safe securely locked up and out of my reach :-)

Yes, I am disparaging dealer walk through and prep work.
gford10480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:12 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Congrats on your new unit- sorry to hear about the snag with the safe and LincPad.

If you call our Customer Service line (855-226-7496), they should be able to walk you through the issue with the LincPad and help you troubleshoot. They can also help you figure out how to access the safe and get your manual. If ALL else fails, they can send you a new manual (not idea, but an option). Would recommend having your VIN in hand when you call, as that will help them find the specific information on your unit.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for being a CrossRoads customer!

Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:54 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I think dealers should work with the same laws as contractors, at least here in CA.

You hold the final 10% of the deposit until all the work is done...including a thorough walk through/inspection, paperwork in hand, test drive, and a satisfied buyer.

None of this "we'll get it to you later" stuff.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:01 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Just dropped off the Carriage with the dealer to follow through on the safe and android tablet programming. Since I am now the owner of the "safe" it required a notarized form to send to First Alert to get the two missing keys that will allow me to open and program the safe. The dealer is taking care of the paperwork and will see how things go.

Waiting to hear on how the "programming" goes. The dealer said they may have to send it back to Lippert to program.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
Site Team

Interesting. I suppose that would be the only way to some how insure you will have the only means of opening the critter.
Let us know how it pans out.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:55 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

For those of you interested, myRV is now available for phones:

OneControlâ„¢

...or search for "OneControl" (I don't know why the link above appears truncated but it still works)

I've loaded it, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:26 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

On our previous redwoods safe we were able to open it without any key or combo the first time, and keys, instructions were inside...
Old 01-16-2016, 07:56 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

I will be interested to see where this thread goes. I picked up a 2015 Cruiser aire with a link pad a year ago and got it hooked up to wifi but as near as I could determine, all it did was serve as a repository for Lippert manuals. The software to control things was there but didn't do anything. The service reps at the time (dealer and at Crossroads) were vaguely aware that it was installed but didn't have a clue what it did. I don't believe anything but the tablet was installed but hope I'm wrong. Guess I should call them again to see if they've since been trained on it.

My unit is not a high end one and was one of the first to get a tablet. Does anyone have any knowledge of what, if anything, the link pad is good for?
stormseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:35 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormseeker View Post
I will be interested to see where this thread goes. I picked up a 2015 Cruiser aire with a link pad a year ago and got it hooked up to wifi but as near as I could determine, all it did was serve as a repository for Lippert manuals. The software to control things was there but didn't do anything. The service reps at the time (dealer and at Crossroads) were vaguely aware that it was installed but didn't have a clue what it did. I don't believe anything but the tablet was installed but hope I'm wrong. Guess I should call them again to see if they've since been trained on it.

My unit is not a high end one and was one of the first to get a tablet. Does anyone have any knowledge of what, if anything, the link pad is good for?
myRV®

Check the above link out. I ran in to the same problem with the lack of knowledge on this on the dealers' part.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:36 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormseeker View Post

By the way, the dealer had to replace the LinkPad, Hub, and WiFi extender. I now have functional controls both in the dock and wireless.

I've also been using the new OneControl app on my cell and other android tablets to control the slides, awnings, and lights.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #11
Site Team

WOW! Good report. Maybe others will be able to benefit from it.
Thanks Gene
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:09 PM   #12
New Camper

When I purchased my carriage the tablet wouldn't operate the slides lights awnings etc unless it was docked. The dealer replaced the wireless router. After getting it home I downloaded the OneControl app and it worked great, once. Now the app doesn't see a network and the tablet won't work even when it is docked. The other touch pads still work. Anyone have any ideas? If I knew where the components were I could at least check for power and wiggle the wires. I live in VA and bought the Carriage in IN, so going back to the dealer is a week long venture. Not wanting to do that if it's just a loose plug.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Larry
Hawksnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:40 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksnest View Post
When I purchased my carriage the tablet wouldn't operate the slides lights awnings etc unless it was docked. The dealer replaced the wireless router. After getting it home I downloaded the OneControl app and it worked great, once. Now the app doesn't see a network and the tablet won't work even when it is docked. The other touch pads still work. Anyone have any ideas? If I knew where the components were I could at least check for power and wiggle the wires. I live in VA and bought the Carriage in IN, so going back to the dealer is a week long venture. Not wanting to do that if it's just a loose plug.

Larry
Larry
You don't have to go to a CR dealer...You can use an independent RV service center if you have one near you...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:45 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Quote:

Larry
Did you get the manual for the LincPad? With the tablet not working the features when docked, seems a little more serious, especially since they were working. I think there is a fuse for the LincPad systems in the power center.

The hub should be in the basement and my WiFi extender is in the top cabinet by the refrigerator.

Call CrossRoads and see if they can guide you, or at least get in touch with Lippert.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:05 AM   #15
Seasonal Camper

Having found no one knowledegable about Lincpad when I bought my unit nearly a year ago, I gave up in frustration. This thread inspired me to try again. This time the rep was aware of it but not real knowledgeable. He went off to check with his boss and was told that if it had a Lincpad, all the functions should work and he would send me an email with some instructions. Still pretty vague. Better, he said if I responded with my problem to his email, he would extend my warranty 90 days to get it fixed since my warranty is up in about 10 days. Of course, I never got the email so I guess i'll have to start over Monday. So, things are looking up! My previous interactions with Crossroads left me with the understanding that all I had was a cheap tablet full of videos. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:23 PM   #16
New Camper

UPDATE
First, I'd like to thank everyone for the input, this is a great way to share info. I went out the the coach and discovered that some of my issue was operator error. The tablet DOES work when docked. However, it is doing the same thing it did when we bought it. The tablet won't work when undocked and the iPhone app doesn't work either. So, I suspected the wireless router. I checked it and it has power and the lights are on. Then I realized it is broadcasting as AP instead of MyRV. When I go to the known networks in the tablet and select MyRV, is says it knows that network but it is not in range. I reset the router with no change. Sounds like some kind of setting in the router. Any ideas? I'll be contacting Crossroads next week and I have an appointment with a local Crossroads dealer to address a couple minor issues and if I can't figure it out I will add this to the list.

Larry
Old 03-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #17
Weekend Camper

Quote:
UPDATE
First, I'd like to thank everyone for the input, this is a great way to share info. I went out the the coach and discovered that some of my issue was operator error. The tablet DOES work when docked. However, it is doing the same thing it did when we bought it. The tablet won't work when undocked and the iPhone app doesn't work either. So, I suspected the wireless router. I checked it and it has power and the lights are on. Then I realized it is broadcasting as AP instead of MyRV. When I go to the known networks in the tablet and select MyRV, is says it knows that network but it is not in range. I reset the router with no change. Sounds like some kind of setting in the router. Any ideas? I'll be contacting Crossroads next week and I have an appointment with a local Crossroads dealer to address a couple minor issues and if I can't figure it out I will add this to the list.

Larry
The dealer had to replace both the Hub and the WiFi range extender. They have to both have the same SSID and password. I was lucky to have the local Crossroads rep at the dealer at the time and he made sure the tech team installed the pair. The dealer may need to order the pair to replace yours.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:19 AM   #18
Seasonal Camper

I wrote previously that for a year I couldn't use my lincpad and no one including the selling dealer knew anything about them. Talking to Crossroads, I got a pdf manual and got it working (Not entirely sure how) Now I'd like to use the Android phone app but it wants a password that I can't find. The one on the router is letters and the app expects numerals. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Any suggestions?
Old 03-27-2016, 06:55 PM   #19
New Camper

After contacting Lippert, they shipped replacement hub and range extender to a local RV dealer. Same result as posted by gford10480. My repair is covered by warranty, but the dealership told me it was $350.00 in parts. Just a data point for anyone needing to replace these after the warranty expires.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:21 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

Touch Pads Features Have Dropped

This weekend I went out to the Carriage only to find out that all of my touch pads no longer had the lights, tank levels, slides, and awning controls listed. There is power to all of the pads, put no controls available.

Of course, the MyRV and controls are also no longer available on the tablet either.

Took it to the dealer and I'll call Lippert today, but just curious if anyone has any experience with this issue.

Tags
carriage