Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2016, 12:02 AM   #1
New Camper

Question on 40RL Bedroom Slide

Hello All !!
We just returned from Billings, MT home to Vancouver, WA pulling our new 2016 Carriage 40RL. This seems like a great forum and I'm really looking forward to learning and sharing.
Here's my first question for the group: when we close the bedroom slides, the bed (and bed platform) move right into the 6 drawer cabinet on the opposing slide, moving it back into the frame at least 8". When we extend the slides the top part of the dresser comes out almost flush, but the bottom is still sloping inward at about a 45 degree angle. Is this by design ?? Or a design flaw or ?? This is our fifth RV and we've never seen anything like it. Any comments or experience would be appreciated !!
Melinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:29 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Hi Millenda

I wouldn't be much help as our 33rl only has one slide for the bed and it does push into our dresser as well but then stops. The operation you discribed sounds like a design flaw. I would call the factory they have help in the past
Jersey firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:23 AM   #3
Site Team

Melinda, a pic would help

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:44 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
Hello All !!
We just returned from Billings, MT home to Vancouver, WA pulling our new 2016 Carriage 40RL. This seems like a great forum and I'm really looking forward to learning and sharing.
Here's my first question for the group: when we close the bedroom slides, the bed (and bed platform) move right into the 6 drawer cabinet on the opposing slide, moving it back into the frame at least 8". When we extend the slides the top part of the dresser comes out almost flush, but the bottom is still sloping inward at about a 45 degree angle. Is this by design ?? Or a design flaw or ?? This is our fifth RV and we've never seen anything like it. Any comments or experience would be appreciated !!

Any of you Carriage owners able to give this member an answer?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:18 PM   #5
New Camper

I responded to Melinda's pm. But no, the bed should not push the dresser back. There probably isn't much room between them, but something doesn't seem right.

Fred
Old 07-23-2016, 03:01 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
Hello All !!
Melinda,

I have a 2016 38SB and it works exactly the same way. I just reach my hand under the dresser and pull out the bottom. It's irritating but it does seem to be a general design flaw with the construction. As a matter of fact, some of dealer sales pics show the same results.
gford10480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:44 AM   #7
New Camper

Thanks so much !! At least I don't feel like I'm crazy or got a lemon. Interesting design concept.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:49 AM   #8
New Camper

Bull_Chips thanks for the reply. When I take it to the dealer for warranty work, I'll ask them. Unfortunately I bought my rig three states away and according to the Crossroads on line dealer finder, the closest authorized dealer is 125 miles from my home. Do I understand correctly that only an authorized Crossroads dealer can do warranty work ??
Old 07-23-2016, 01:24 PM   #9
New Camper

Yes, it must be an authorized dealer. I have been told that when you don't have access to a dealer, they will authorize a mobile repair service. But the repairman must get approval before making repairs.

Fred
Old 07-23-2016, 10:16 PM   #10
Site Team

Call Crossroads for an authorized service facility. You do not have to take it to a Crossroads dealer, only an approved service facility. Does not have to be a mobile service.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:47 AM   #11
New Camper

Thanks to all for the info ! I'll give Crossroads a call.