Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2015, 11:57 PM   #1
New Camper

Question Fifth Wheel electrical system diagram???

does anyone know how i can get hold of an electrical system diagram for my new fifth wheel? beyond just knowing there is a 12v and 120v "system" i'm genuinely interested in knowing how all the electrical stuff is wired. i called the crossroads 800 number and the guy on the other end quickly told me they would not send me a wiring diagram for my fifth wheel.

any advice?
sam.y00nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 05:49 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I don't recall that ever being available. Each specific model is wired differently and I'm not even sure it's consistent. Obviously there are some similarities. If you are looking for just the basic concepts between how the 12v and 120v systems are split that can be found online. As for a specific wiring schematic I don't believe you will find that anywhere.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:30 AM   #3
Site Team

I don't know of anyone who has been successful in obtaining a diagram for anything pertaining to the electrical system, or plumbing system on an RV.

Just for your information---you will have better luck getting answers here on the forum if you put the make, model, and year of your RV in your signature. Then people will know what you are referring to.
Lloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:56 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Having been into the electrical system of my 2011 Seville this year, I'd be really surprised that even if you had a diagram, that the person(s) putting the camper together actually followed it. I do believe that they have a pre-cut harness but from what I see, there is a fair bit of daisy chain circuits in there. I'd be reluctant to just arbitrary cut into stuff.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you wanting to do or is this for "just in case" documentation (also a great idea).
2021 Alliance Paradigm 365RD
WoodcarvingGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:31 PM   #5
Gone Traveling

Crossroads will not give you blueprint and if they did it most likely was not followed. I would suggest looking at your power distribution center and seeing who made it. Then go to their website. They will have a schematic for download. For instance I have a WFCO Ulta III model WF 8030/50. I went to their web site and got the schematic here:

http://wfcoelectronics.com/wp-conten...ion-Manual.pdf

It is not a blueprint but it will have a schematic that will give you a idea how the 120vac and the 12vdc systems are engineered.

As a side note, I had an issue with a part in the power distribution center. I called them and they sent me the part without charge and without question. And, my unit is more than 2 years old. Much better service and support than Crossroads.

I would suggest doing this for most every part/component.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #6
New Camper

Question Help Please!

Has anyone been successful in finding the wiring schematics for the CF28RL Crossroads Cruiser fifth wheel? Everything worked yesterday, today the outlets don't work. Thank you
Kerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:24 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrie View Post
Has anyone been successful in finding the wiring schematics for the CF28RL Crossroads Cruiser fifth wheel? Everything worked yesterday, today the outlets don't work. Thank you

Have you checked all the GFI receptacles? If they are all good, check the junction box screwed to the frame under the slide out. It's notorious for not being sealed and filling with water.
Lloyd is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, fifth wheel