Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2016, 05:14 PM   #1
New Camper

Insulation in front of fifth wheel

Does anyone here have a 2015 Elevation Talledega fifth wheel toy hauler? We bought ours March 28th, and have had nothing but trouble with it. We took it back to the shop for warranty work, and are now having trouble again.
Today, we are in Arizona, and it got to 105 outside. We spend the majority of our time in the Western states, and frequently parked in this same spot with our prior fifth wheel, with no problem. It had both a 13.5 BTU and a 15K BTU AC unit.
Today, in our new RV, we are running two 15K BTU AC's, and cannot get the temperature in our home below 90 degrees. Our unit has a front bath, and the closet is like an oven, heating up both our bath and bedroom. I can only assume it is due to poor insulation in the nose of the RV. Anyone have this same problem?

Old 05-13-2016, 06:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Check your AC runs to see if they are taped/sealed off where the registers tap into them. Take each register off and look. You might have to tape them if it wasn't done, or done properly. Also take a flash light, and a small telescoping swivel mirror and look in the AC runs on each end of the trailer to see if they are closed off on the ends, or if Cross Roads is still not sealing the ends. Which just allows the cold air to be pumped up into the attic.
They also had an issue where the AC units hooked onto the duct work. Some weren't sealed and connect securely there. Another big leak, and people wonder why their AC won't cool the rig.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:22 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Check your AC runs to see if they are taped/sealed off where the registers tap into them. Take each register off and look. You might have to tape them if it wasn't done, or done properly. Also take a flash light, and a small telescoping swivel mirror and look in the AC runs on each end of the trailer to see if they are closed off on the ends, or if Cross Roads is still not sealing the ends. Which just allows the cold air to be pumped up into the attic.
They also had an issue where the AC units hooked onto the duct work. Some weren't sealed and connect securely there. Another big leak, and people wonder why their AC won't cool the rig.
You also need to look at the round vents where the air comes out, I know a lot Redwood people was having problems with the vent sticking to far up into the duct. They was taking them out and cutting them down,letting more air out.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Some of my issues & fix myself post.
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...em-6381-2.html

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...blem-6561.html
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...flow-8652.html
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #5
Site Team

Gary, I had forgotten just how many issues you had with your unit.
You are to be commended big time. Good job.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:30 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

I live in the desert part of Washington State, fulltime RVers. So cutting the heat and sun is big priority. I installed window tint to the inside of my windows. Here's the thread.

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...film-8391.html

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ght-10033.html
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:23 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Had same problem .. Pulled inside ac cover off and discovered the suction side was not divided from the return very well. Decided to check all regesrtys, they were all poorly tape. To check your ducking I use a cell phone camera. While your at it check your heater registry also. Recomended tape would be a good high temp aluminum tape. Works well . Home Depot or lows should have this. Around 20.00 a roll.
Randy68 is offline   Reply With Quote