Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2018, 05:37 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

New Cruiser Aire entire floor creaks

I just purchased a 2018 Cruiser Aire. When I first bought it the floor creaked a little as we walked. I thought it would work itself out. Unfortunately it’s gotten worse. Its like every step is like walking in cracking ice. Its over the entire vinyl floor section. Not just one area. Its really annoying and seems to get worse. Has anyone had the same problem with their floor. Is it an issue or just crappy design from crossroads. Thanks for the input
wmj3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:49 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I’ve owned two crossroads and have never heard of this but maybe someone will jump in with more information. Good thing is it’s under warranty. Take it back to have it fixed.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:13 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks Papa t. I do have an appointment at a dealer in Idaho to have the slide out repaired. The slide outs on this trailer are a whole other story. I’ll ask the dealer about the floor issue. I just know they will just say that’s how
It’s made and there is nothing they can do about it. And just from what I can imagine, if they do have some remedy for it, it would be a pretty big task. Unfortunately my wife and I are traveling in the trailer so we don’t have months or even weeks to wait for any big major repairs.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:25 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Cruiser vs Cruiser Aire

My 2014 CFL29 Aire suffers similar creaks and a soft floor feel. That’s kind of the difference between a 10,000+ lb Cruiser, compared to a 7-8000+ lb Cruiser Aire. Everything, floors, walls, ceilings, etc is made thinner, and unfortunately, cheaper!
Captbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks captbill for the reply. Yes, I do completely agree that the lighter or now they call “half ton” series are definitely built cheaper. Since buying ours and using it for about a week, I have gone to 4 RV dealers and walked through similar models, some even cheaper, and none had the floors we have in ours. I understand some have certain spots that creak or groan but ours is the entire floor. Every foot step produces and crack or pop or pops. Like walking on ice that is cracking or walking in rice crispy treats. Its even worse first thing in the morning when is a little cool out. Honestly i have a fairly long to-do list for repair. So much has broken or stopped working. The dealer I am working with said they will look to repair some on the list but other items they said I need to speak with the manufacturer. Very very disappointed with Crossroads. I understand RVs not built well, but this one is beyond that. I guess I learned the hard way.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:59 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Floor creaks

Nothing new though should make that much noise. To be honest, mine suffers more from the bouncy floor, than creaks and broken glass sounds. Get an answer from the repair facility on a possible solution. I am towing mine with a 1500, so I needed the light weight, and accept the floor bounce, but I wouldn’t tolerate the noise your hearing. Best of luck in your travels.
Captbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:16 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I am taking it in on the 20th for slide out repair and a few other things the dealer said they would look at. Regarding the floor issue, the dealer said they won’t do anything about that and i need to contact crossroads directly. I have a feeling the floor issue is going to be a long drawn out battle.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:21 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

I also understand I purchased a light weight “cheap” RV. Its not a 100k rig. However, 38k is also not a cheap penny. I have been in the RV trailer life for about 20 years so I am not fully naive about the build, quality control issues plaguing the industry. I’m just a bit disappointing it’s this bad... and the customer service is even worse.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:59 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Don’t let up on them if they say, “It’s normal” or “We can’t stop it from squeaking”. Make them fix it.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:14 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the support papa t. It helps hearing that. I’ll try and stay strong.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:18 PM   #11
Site Team

I can see a unit developing squeaks in the floor as it ages and is bounced up and down the roads, but not right out of the box like you say yours is doing.
In my opinion somebody wasn't on the line doing his part when your unit went by. Hopefully CR will be big enough to admit it and make it right.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:15 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

Floor creaks

We own a 2013 34' Cruiser Patriot fifth wheel and have the same problem. It sounds exactly like what yours is doing. I had a mobile repairman come and he lifted the linoleum in 2 of the spots. The problem is that the floor boards have adjusted and were rubbing against each other which caused the creaking noise. He shaved the boards so that they don't rub and the noise is gone. The only spot he didn't do was in front of the island. I didn't want him to remove the island to get to the area, so I will live with the noise in that area. But it used to be right when you entered the fifth wheel....so annoying...and also right when you take a step from the linoleum to the carpet in the living section. So, I am happy that the majority of the noise is gone.