Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #1
New Camper

2017 Crossroads Volante 360DB

Hello. We just purchased a 2017 Volante 360 DB and are perplexed over the gray tank. There are two black tanks and 1 gray tank. When we go to hook up the hose to empty the tanks, gray water just pours out before we open the gray valve. After it empties we can then pull the black tank valves and those empty amd then we pull the gray valve and more empties from there. We did some trouble shooting and ot seems like the kitchen sink water and bunkhouse sink water is what comes out when you open cap. It seems like there is a valve that is missing. Any ideas or suggestions? I have a message intonKeystone to see if I can get a scematic of the unit to see how all of the tanks and lines are routed before removing the underbelly. Thanks for any help or advice in advance!
Walker18604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:45 PM   #2
Site Team

I would take it back to the dealer for them to check it out. Schematics from Crossroads are hard to get. Most rv's have two grays and one black tank unless there is a second bathroom.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:44 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like the valve is stuck open. May need to replace it. Not that difficult, I’ve done it before.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #4
New Camper

Yes, it does have two bathrooms and unfortunately we bought it used. The previous owners claim that all of the gray water funnels into one tank and this didn’t happen to them. What a pain. I have owned many rv’s and have never seen anything like it. I hope I can get in touch with Keystone. I can’t imagine that this is the way it was designed.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:03 PM   #5
Site Team

Possibly the gray water tank valve is not closing all the way. Pour a mixture of hot water and cooking oil into the tank. (a buckets worth). Let it sit for a while and work the valve open and closed.
You can get an outside valve to connect to drain pipe. Will help to hold water back when you dump. https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-...SIN=B000BGHYJS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg index.jpg (7.3 KB, 90 views)

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 09-04-2018, 07:47 AM   #6
New Camper

Hello. That isn’t a bad idea, I will try that. It is just strange because I took a shower to test it and not a drop came out until we opened the gray valve like it should. On the control panel it has two gray tank monitors. One is labeled gray tank 1 and the other says glly (assuming galley). So it is like there are two gray tanks but one gray valve. We thought maybe the gray was dumping into the black, but then why would it have a monitor button? Just weird but a total pain. We could add a valve but then is it just holding in the pipes and I would assume it would fill up and back up out of the sink. Thank you for the help!!
Old 09-04-2018, 08:25 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker18604 View Post
Hello. We just purchased a 2017 Volante 360 DB and are perplexed over the gray tank. There are two black tanks and 1 gray tank. When we go to hook up the hose to empty the tanks, gray water just pours out before we open the gray valve. After it empties we can then pull the black tank valves and those empty amd then we pull the gray valve and more empties from there. We did some trouble shooting and ot seems like the kitchen sink water and bunkhouse sink water is what comes out when you open cap. It seems like there is a valve that is missing. Any ideas or suggestions? I have a message intonKeystone to see if I can get a scematic of the unit to see how all of the tanks and lines are routed before removing the underbelly. Thanks for any help or advice in advance!

Their is no tank for outside kitchen sink.My 2017 cruiser doesn’t have one.It just runs out after the black tank valve.Poor design,they should have put another grey tank for the outside kitchen but they didn’t.Thought about adding one but it would be hard to do.
daynawide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:34 AM   #8
New Camper

That is a poor design. Ours does not have an outdoor kitchen. This is coming from the indoor kitchen.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:03 AM   #9
Site Team

Check and see if there is a tank valve pull on the opposite side of the camper. I know some had this.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:17 AM   #10
Site Team

You might also check behind the wheel--drivers side--maybe under the slide out for the lever for the galley. That's where they put the one on our trailer.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:12 PM   #11
Site Team

Welcome to the forum! On my camper the valve for the inside kitchen gray tank is inside the left rear tire. The valve for the shower and outside kitchen gray tank is behind the left rear tire. The kitchen valve isn't easy to reach.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:39 PM   #12
New Camper

Maybe...

I have a 2019 360DB and I did find it interesting that I have two black and and two gray tanks.

What I have found is that the rear toilet goes to its own black tank which has a dedicated black tank valve/flush. The rear bath sink also has its own gray tank but the valve is towards the middle of the unit and it flushes via the same spot that the front black and gray exit the RV. All 4 have there own pull valves.

Do you have a gray tank lever right next to your front black tank lever? I’m wondering if it’s broken off and it’s stuck in the open position??

Hope you’re loving all them beds!! I know our family of 6 does.
WingingIt is offline   Reply With Quote