Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2018, 10:00 AM   #1
Site Team

Login Change - login with email

Next week (Tuesday) as you login you will be prompted to use your e-mail address and password instead of your username and password. This change is being made for a number of reasons.

The biggest reason has to do with the forum being part of the RV Life family of sites.
Many of us have accounts at other RV Life sites, specifically campgroundreviews.com. In time you will be able to login to Crossroads Owners Club as well as other RV Life sites where you have accounts with the same login, simplifying things substantially.
We hope to have an enhanced mobile app available as well that will allow you to read and post on multiple RV Life sites where you have registered an account if you desire, although this is not yet fully developed.

Some other reasons:
  • Username logins were case sensitive and often had punctuation that could be miskeyed or forgotten and has been a regular cause of login trouble.
  • It's easier to remember your e-mail address then username for most folks.
  • E-mail address are not visible on the forum but usernames (half of the login combo) are and so there is a little better account security.
Your username will remain unchanged and display as usual next to your posts.

If you have trouble logging in with your e-mail address instead of username there will be some prompts on the login screen to help you and a link to update your email address if needed.

Thanks in advance for your patience with these changes - we're working hard to improve security and keep the site easy to use.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Just a reminder - today is the day to begin logging in with your e-mail address instead of username
Old 01-06-2019, 08:57 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Is anyone else having issues logging in? I don’t know if it’s the new procedure or not, but that’s about when the issues began for me. (Yes, I am using my email) When I first try to log in, it appears as I’m NOT logged in. I’ve found if I then click on a topic, then my name appears as I’m logged in, and I can participate as normal. Never had to do this before...
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:28 AM   #4
Site Team

No problems here Steve.
Maybe one of the administrators will chime in here with an answer for you.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:23 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
Is anyone else having issues logging in? I don’t know if it’s the new procedure or not, but that’s about when the issues began for me. (Yes, I am using my email) When I first try to log in, it appears as I’m NOT logged in. I’ve found if I then click on a topic, then my name appears as I’m logged in, and I can participate as normal. Never had to do this before...
Steve are you still having trouble?
Old 01-09-2019, 09:26 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I have to log in a different way now from what I used to. In the past I would just click on the log in and enter my user name and password in the pop up box, and be logged in. I’ve now found that I first have to click on a topic, and then click on the log on box. Then I enter my user name and password. I’m am then logged in.

Not a huge deal, just doing it in a different order now. Hope that makes sense to you...thanks for checking.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:04 AM   #7
Site Team

Steve, are you not logging in with your email address?
Old 01-09-2019, 12:07 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Steve, are you not logging in with your email address?
I am using my email address. Not that I’m doing anything different, but I’ve always used an iPad, just for info.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:10 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

So, to give a bit more detail, if I go straight to log in, I get “Thanks for loggin in Steve7”. But it leaves me as unregistered. I then have to click on a thread, and then go through the log in again to get me logged in. I’ve reduced a step by just clicking on a thread and then logging in. It’s not terrible, just different. But I will keep doing it so I can converse with you great group of people!
Old 01-09-2019, 12:56 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
So, to give a bit more detail, if I go straight to log in, I get “Thanks for loggin in Steve7”. But it leaves me as unregistered. I then have to click on a thread, and then go through the log in again to get me logged in. I’ve reduced a step by just clicking on a thread and then logging in. It’s not terrible, just different. But I will keep doing it so I can converse with you great group of people!
Steve can you try doing s restart on your device? I think this may be a caching issue.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:06 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Steve can you try doing s restart on your device? I think this may be a caching issue.
Hi Janet,

I’ll give it a try now. Thanks
Old 01-09-2019, 01:15 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

Janet,

No joy. I turned off the iPad, and back on. I used a new search instead of using the icon on my safari page, and it didn’t make a difference. At this point it’s more of a challenge to figure out. I’m a bit surprised if I am the only having this issue. If so I guess it’s on my end.

I don’t want to waste your time. I’m okay with continuing with the extra step if needed. Now if I get locked out, I won’t be a happy camper.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
So, to give a bit more detail, if I go straight to log in, I get “Thanks for loggin in Steve7”. But it leaves me as unregistered. I then have to click on a thread, and then go through the log in again to get me logged in. I’ve reduced a step by just clicking on a thread and then logging in. It’s not terrible, just different.

But I will keep doing it so I can converse with you great group of people!
Steve, it's you and all the people just like you here on the forum that makes this a great group.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:46 AM   #14
Site Team

Steve, are you checking the 'Remember Me' box when you log in?

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 5336 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:47 PM   #15
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisK View Post
Steve, are you checking the 'Remember Me' box when you log in?
I have in the past, not lately. I do have it where my computer knows the log in info, and all I have to do is touch the log in box (then finger print on iPad) before hitting “log in”.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:59 AM   #16
New Camper

Quote:
Next week (Tuesday) as you login you will be prompted to use your e-mail address and password instead of your username and password. This change is being made for a number of reasons.

The biggest reason has to do with the forum being part of the RV Life family of sites.
Many of us have accounts at other RV Life sites, specifically campgroundreviews.com. In time you will be able to login to Crossroads Owners Club as well as other RV Life sites where you have accounts with the same login, simplifying things substantially.
We hope to have an enhanced mobile app available as well that will allow you to read and post on multiple RV Life sites where you have registered an account if you desire, although this is not yet fully developed.

Some other reasons:
  • Username logins were case sensitive and often had punctuation that could be miskeyed or forgotten and has been a regular cause of login trouble.
  • It's easier to remember your e-mail address then username for most folks.
  • E-mail address are not visible on the forum but usernames (half of the login combo) are and so there is a little better account security.

If you have trouble logging in with your e-mail address instead of username there will be some prompts on the login screen to help you and a link to update your email address if needed.

Thanks in advance for your patience with these changes - we're working hard to improve security and keep the site easy to use.
I signed up two days ago and had no trouble logging in that day. Today when I try to login I get a window that pops up that says:
Login to Your Account
Sign In to Your Email Account
My Inbox Helper
If I rype my email address i the box that it indicates it keeps taking me in circles saying it is and invalid email. The first day this did not occur and I had no problems. Am I missing the real space I am supposed to put my email to get into the forum.
I really have a pressing question to Crossroads owners about location that I might be able to locate parts for my camper after my wreck a week or more ago.
Sugar Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:35 PM   #17
Site Team

I'm not sure what "My Inbox Helper" is? An ad perhaps...

The login option is in the top right of the forum if you are using a standard desktop browser.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:14 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

Quote:

If you have trouble logging in with your e-mail address instead of username there will be some prompts on the login screen to help you and a link to update your email address if needed..
I've been logging in the same old way since your announcement in December 2018 until now (April 2019) . However, my username has changed to a different user name. How can I get to use my old password?
Old 04-09-2019, 12:35 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarch View Post
I've been logging in the same old way since your announcement in December 2018 until now (April 2019) . However, my username has changed to a different user name. How can I get to use my old password?
If you have another account we can merge them. What was your other username?
Old 04-09-2019, 03:34 PM   #20
Weekend Camper

Quote:
If you have another account we can merge them. What was your other username?
I meant to say my username, not password.

Anyway, my other user name was Archman.