Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

Starting this afternoon I've had several instances that the server would not connect. Â*Failed on both my office T1 line and my wireless connection at home. Â*Usually this means there is too much internet traffic for the server and it needs to be upgraded. Â*

We all appreciate the free forum and the fact Crossroads underwrites it. Â*I hope there are immediate plans to upgrade the server. Â*Increased internet traffic certainly is an indicator you're doing something rightÂ*

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Not sure where the problem is. Even MSN has been having problems.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Sorry you were having issue with the forum. Not exactly sure what you are specifically talking about, so perhaps this was an isolated event. Some times in the very early morning hours, the forum may unavailable for a few minutes if servers are rebooting. We know of one instance about 3 weeks ago where that was the case.

In terms of upgrading, this new forum is our major upgrade to a new server/database.The old forum was getting too slow with all the traffic, so that is why we switched to this new format with a faster backend system!Edited by: crossroadsrv

forum@crossroadsrv.com
crossroadsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
Last night I was getting the message I have exceeded the number of posts allowed and spamming is not permitted on this site.

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:36 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

No surprise there George (just kidding)

My error message was something to the effect of server not responding. I might think it was an isolated incident but it happened both at the office with a blazing fast T1 internet line as well as at home with my slow cable connection. Same error in both places at different times of the day...from late afternoon into the evening. Even kicked me out of the site when moving from screen to screen, or if you prefer, from window to window.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 03-25-2009, 08:09 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

George, If you try to post one after another (less than a minute) it assumes spaming (automated) even if you try to edit quickly.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnan23
George, If you try to post one after another (less than a minute) it assumes spaming (automated) even if you try to edit quickly.
See George, I knew all along you were a spammer!

02 F250 PSD

07 Cruiser: CF29RK

You CAN get there from here it just takes longer https://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/100_1893.jpg
riverotter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

I was not able to get in last night at all. The message I was getting was the server was not available......with the try again later message.

Seems all is well tonight

Let's go camping!!!

Terry, Eileen and the twins.
2006 CrossRoads Cruiser - CF29BT
2005 Ford PSD Crew Cab SD
Houston, Texas
tcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:55 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Just because you a message that the server isn't available doesn't mean that it needs to be upgraded. It could be because there is a problem with your internet connection or the server's internet connection or somewhere in between.

https://2guysdev.com/mark/allthetoys.jpg

maskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:19 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskins
Just because you a message that the server isn't available doesn't mean that it needs to be upgraded. It could be because there is a problem with your internet connection or the server's internet connection or somewhere in between.

Though true up to a point, if the same error appears for several people all with different ISPs in different regions of the country during the same time frame, that does point to a server issue.

The problem seems to have resolved itself as I only experienced it the one day from two different internet connections. I have experienced the site down for whatever service they are performing. This was something different. BUT it was a persistant problem throughout the day. Perhaps a warning sign or perhaps an anomaly. Let's all hope for the best.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 04-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

I was unable to access the site from 6:00 - 6:30 pm tonight. Â*May have been down longer but we had to leave for the evening.

This is the error message "Safari can’t open the page “http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/new_post.asp� because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection, which sometimes occurs when the server is busy. You might be able to open the page later."</span>
</span>
Safari is my Apple web browser, like internet explorer or firefox. Â*Able to access everything except crossroads.</span>
</span>

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL