Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Can anyone advice what sort of price difference we shouldbe looking at between a new 08 model Sevilleon the lot and the price of ordering a new 09 from the manufacturer. I have used the "Build your own unit" on this site and the price was 67,545.00, is there a standard % that the price automatically comes down whena unit on the lotis an 08?

albi
albianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

i can't be much help...just wanted to say wow!!! $67,545. thats three of my trailers(under $20,000 with tax)with plenty of fuel money for a couple of years. god bless you.

wait is that canadian$$$ ????Edited by: spinella

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:19 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

The build your own unit is on this Crossroads website so I am assuming that it is U.S. dollars, I have searched the web and all dealers and the price of a Seville 35ck seems to be consistent although the unit we are interested in is a new 08 model. One salesman told me that I can subtract 30% off the new price for the year older model, just trying to figure out if that figure is accurate?

albi
Old 05-03-2009, 02:45 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Don't be afraid to search for your Seville in the US. When we purchased our CF32BL Cruiser we saved over $16,000 CAD compared to the so called best price that we were offered from the Crossroads Dealer in Airdrie (Race Track RV) as compared to RVWholesalers. Iwas also not impressed with their take it or leave it attitude. Maybe things have changed with them, but my experience with them in 2007was frustrating to say the least.

2008 Cruiser CF32BL

2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 CC SB 8.1 Gasser / Allison. Tuning by Westers...
62dno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

I had the same experience with Race Track last summer. Didn't take us seriously, didn't want to get us what we wanted. Ended up going to Holiday RV in Redcliff. They were very helpful, and got us exactly what we wanted. But they gave some inlaws a take it or leave it on a new Regal a couple months before that, so I don't know. Maybe it depends on who you talk to, and when?

And as far as price goes, I just went to the build your own and did a mock up of our 2009 35CK. It came to $69,856.00(I assume US$?), which is way more than we paid(Canadian $). And we also had them supply and install an Onan 6.5k genset, and a 110 watt solar panel.

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Take the MSRP, adjust it for the currency exchange then subtract 30% off.

Most people are getting 30% off the MSRP and some report that slower selling brands are 35%-40% off. I wouldn't buy a trailer right now for anything less then 30% off and given the slow factories in Indiana I think that's reasonable!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Our 2009 Seville listed almost 70,000 with all optins.

Purchased for 46,000 plus for additional options (Reese 18K hitch, Honda 6500 EUis generator, king sleep number bed)

2009 CrossRoads Seville VF35RL

2000 Ford F-350 Cr
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:26 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

oldman that sounds like a really good deal, even when I convert that to Canadian funds that is much better than what the dealers up here are selling them for. One dealership in Calgary has an 09 listed at 79,000 Can., mind you it is still sitting there, it is very nice inside but way out of our reach price wise.

The 08 we have been looking at, the coach has some issues and it doesn't look like they will be fixed to the standard you would expect in a new unit and we have been issued an ultimatum - they willtake a thousand dollars off the 56,800. sell price (this isan 08 model) or cancel the deal and his exact words were "If you don't like it then you can cancel the deal , but your not getting your money back" the trouble is the issues are pretty big in my opinion and worth more than $1000.00.

The owner ran into the corner of the slide with his quad so the slide has some body work that needs to be done, they did attempt to smooth it out but you can still see it, there are ripples etc, he said he can cut and splice thepainted whitetype fender basically cutting a chunk out of it all the way to up over the wheel well but there will be a join, also he can put a new metal vertical piece but that it will no longer have the stripes so now the racing stripes going across the trailer will be missing a patch out of the middle plus the lower metal part will still have the tell tale ripples. If we ever decided to try and sell the unit down the road the prospective buyers would understandable think there was body work done and that there was previous damage so this definitely has a monetary value that should be addressed.

The second issue is the weird popping delamination type noise coming from the floor in the middle of the kitchen, it is not just the lino which is loose and making the noise it is something to do with the plywood and the way it is secured deeper. The dealer said all he can do about this is pull off the underbelly and use a wedge up under there to make it tight again but that it will probably mess up the general alignment everywhere else, or he can cut the new linoleum, peel it back and screw down from ablove to try and tighten it all up again and then patch the lino again which I am dead set against. I am pretty disgusted that what is supposed to be our dream trailer, something we will be spending close to 60,000. (after adding the gst) of our hard earned money has now come down to this. We are expected to accept a substandard unit for a peasly 1000.00 reduction or lose our 2000.00 deposit.

Race Track Rv is basically holding our deposit hostage in an attempt to strong arm us into accepting this unit. I have zero faith in the dealer now, his attitude is so bad and this is before he has allour money, can you imagine what they must be like to deal with once they have the deal all signed and sealed up, I shudder to think about what a nightmare they would be to deal with if problems arose after we drove it off the lot. We are supposed to pick up the coach on Thursday but we appear to be at a stalemate, we can't in good concience accept the rv in the condition it is in and he refuses to give us our deposit back, what should have been an exciting day to look forward to, hasnow been ruined and will probably now end up in the courts.

albi

Old 05-05-2009, 03:49 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

I wouldn't accept this at all and I would contact Crossroads immediatly to see if they can assist you..............
Old 05-05-2009, 03:55 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

So would I. I won't be blackmailed. Call Crossroads now.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:46 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

They can't force you to accept a unit that is not 100%, especially since they caused the damage, and are unwilling to fix other defects. As others have said, call CR right away. Edited by: lenny

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

They have to give the money back if they won't deliver the proper goods. $100 for a letter from the lawyer.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny
I had the same experience with Race Track last summer. Didn't take us seriously, didn't want to get us what we wanted. Ended up going to Holiday RV in Redcliff. They were very helpful, and got us exactly what we wanted. But they gave some inlaws a take it or leave it on a new Regal a couple months before that, so I don't know. Maybe it depends on who you talk to, and when?

And as far as price goes, I just went to the build your own and did a mock up of our 2009 35CK. It came to $69,856.00(I assume US$?), which is way more than we paid(Canadian $). And we also had them supply and install an Onan 6.5k genset, and a 110 watt solar panel.

2008 Cruiser 29CK

2008 Dodge Mega Cab 2500HD 6.7L and the Boss, Bailey the Yellow Laprador Retiever
Ronkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #14
Weekend Camper

Sounds Like everyone is forming the the same opinion ofRace Track !I to wentthere and their attitude was go elseswhere you won't get a better deal.I did,and got a better at Holiday RV .I think your right depends on who you talk to and the ression is starting to hit southern Alberta.

2008 Cruiser 29CK

2008 Dodge Mega Cab 2500HD 6.7L and the Boss, Bailey the Yellow Laprador Retiever
Ronkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:25 AM   #15
Family Vacation Member

UPDATE Some Good News, I have been offered my full deposit back (although ithas stillnot been credited to our account, hopefully that will happen without delay today), eveidently Rack Track RV is no longer an authorized RV dealer for Crossroads RV and the unit we were looking at is some of the stock left over from when they were authorized.

Crossroads contacted us very quickly and and has given advice and a great tip on another Seville that would meet our needs, now I am just waiting for my hubby to get some time off so that we can go take a look.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and I will keep you all posted.

albi
Old 05-06-2009, 02:55 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

Great news - go get that new camper!
Old 05-06-2009, 05:00 AM   #17
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by albianne
UPDATE Some Good News, I have been offered my full deposit back (although ithas stillnot been credited to our account, hopefully that will happen without delay today), eveidently Rack Track RV is no longer an authorized RV dealer for Crossroads RV and the unit we were looking at is some of the stock left over from when they were authorized.

Crossroads contacted us very quickly and and has given advice and a great tip on another Seville that would meet our needs, now I am just waiting for my hubby to get some time off so that we can go take a look.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and I will keep you all posted.

albi
Now that is what I like about Crossroads. They stand by you for any repairs you may need, but they also look out for potenial new customers

Coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1 is offline   Reply With Quote