Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
New Camper

We are in the process of looking to put in an offer on a 2011 32K Provincial Edition. Wondering what kind of experience people have had with a similar unit. Good and bad!

Our last unit was a disaster and so weare very wary. All comments welcome.

Thanks
Jan
igoubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Sent you a PM

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Hi-
We bought a new 2011 Cruiser 325CK Patriot about a year ago. We haven't camped in it a lot yet, maybe a dozen days, but we really like it.

We looked for about 3 years at RV shows and dealers, gathering a little more knowledge with each show or dealer visit in terms of what we wanted in the unit, the layout, manufacturer reputations, etc.

We really wanted a center kitchen with a pretty good run of countertop, because we plan to spend a good share of our winters in it, beginning in another year or two (we live in Minnesota and plan to escape the snow and cold for several weeks each winter), and we want to be able to cook in a fully functional kitchen. We also liked the layout of the living room (ours has a desk in the entertainment center, while some have a fireplace -- our dog's kennel fits under it perfectly).

If I had some improvements I'd have suggested to the unit, they would have included something other than a plastic sink in the bathroom and something other than plastic faucets in both kitchen and bathroom. I envision swapping those out in the not-too-distant future. Also, I'd have liked a real door on the bedroom, rather than the accordion-type folding door on there now, but, since it usually will be just my wife and I and the dog, that wouldn't ever have been a deal-killer. And I wish there was a good, easy, sure-fire safe way to attach a bike rack to the rig, but I can live without that.

Other than those things, though, this rig pretty well fits the bill for us. It tows easily behind our truck (a 2011 Ram 2500 diesel). We spent a week in the middle of this past summer in Illinois, which generally gets pretty stinking warm and humid in mid-summer. The A/C did a great job keeping the summer heat out. We have the one 15k BTU A/C. The rig weighs just under 10,000 pounds without water, propane and such. The couch and chairs are comfortable to sit in. The carpet and linoleum seem of fairly decent quality.

Ours came with a 2-year warranty, but I understand Crossroads has cut warranties on 2012 and newer units to a year.

We replaced the queen mattress in our rig with a Sleep Number mattress, which is not really a knock on the OEM mattress. We planned to make that switch no matter what trailer we had purchased. And we didn't toss out the OEM mattress. It's in our guest bedroom at home and it seems like company that uses it is comfortable. We slept on the OEM mattress for several nights, and it was quite comfortable, but we really wanted to splurge on the sleeping arrangements.

Hope that helps. If I can offer any more help, just holler.

and Aggie the Gordon setter

Twin Cities

2011 Cruiser Patriot 325CK

2011 Ram 2500 diesel
dbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
New Camper

Thank you so much! Sounds like you really like your rig. Unfortunately for us, we were unable to negotiate an offer on the unit here. But will keep our eyes peeled, because this was pretty much what we were looking for.

Jan
PS: Thanks for the tip on the kennel. It's perfect for that space and I would never thought of that!
igoubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Thanks for the write up on your new camper, We also found the Kennel fits perfect under the writing desk. I will adding a door or a pocket door in the bedroom as well. Just removed the sofa sleeper air bed and added love seat with recliners looks good can't wait to use it. For Sale sofa sleeper air bed never used.
Lebo

Edited by: LeBo
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote