Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2017, 12:28 AM   #1
New Camper

2017 Volante 3801MD

We bought a 2017 Volante 3801MD last October. It is nice, especially being our first trailer, but I only stayed in it one month for work and it's been in the dealership since early November for the brakes locking up and melting, A/C failing (main), and the master bedroom lower A/C breaking. Now I'm waiting for a new couch since the dealership messed up the arm with a slideout catching it. It may have just been a fluke, but I have been thoroughly disappointed with Crossroads in getting parts as well as all of the issues we've had with it.
boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:10 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd View Post
We bought a 2017 Volante 3801MD last October. It is nice, especially being our first trailer, but I only stayed in it one month for work and it's been in the dealership since early November for the brakes locking up and melting, A/C failing (main), and the master bedroom lower A/C breaking. Now I'm waiting for a new couch since the dealership messed up the arm with a slideout catching it. It may have just been a fluke, but I have been thoroughly disappointed with Crossroads in getting parts as well as all of the issues we've had with it.
Boyd
Is this the future of Crossroads.???? It certainly seems that way for the last three years or so...VERY SAD...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #3
Site Team

Can't put this on Crossroads Tommy. They don't make the AC's. Only install them. Brakes could be a different story, but usually come from the axle manufacture also. Don't know why parts are an issue. Never had that problem. Get on the dealers butt to expedite the part delivery, they often are the problem.
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:27 PM   #4
New Camper

And we are still awaiting parts from crossroads, now at the dealership for four months...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:35 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I will bet that if you call CrossRoads to see when the parts were ordered you will find that they just were or not at all. There is a large chain of RV dealer that is known for this
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:15 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Check with your dealer and ask to see the paper work for when the parts were ordered. This happened to us. Took our Zinger in for some warranty work and they told us it would be two weeks for the parts to come in. We let them keep the trailer, so not to hassle with bringing it back in. Called them after two weeks and they said they were still waiting on the parts. Called them at 3 weeks and the employee pulled my file and told me that the parts were never ordered. They were ordered as I waited on the phone right then and there! Two weeks later, parts were in and work was complete. When I went to pick up the trailer, the head shop guy still tried to pass the blame off on Crossroads, but I quickly reminded them that they dropped the ball and had him look at the records.